The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wand143Offline
Post subject: "Satisfaction" 45 - White London Logo  PostPosted: May 23, 2014 - 05:06 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I just picked up an upgrade (yes, NM copies of this record do exist, folks) of "Satisfaction" but with the white London logo, the same as most copies of "The Last Time" are found. So is this a first pressing or were they using up "old" labels to meet demand?

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: RE: "Satisfaction" 45 - White London Logo  PostPosted: May 23, 2014 - 06:54 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Mentioned (as a 'variant'), but w/o any examples yet on 45cat. 'White LONDON' examples of The Moody Blues' "Go Now" (London LON 9726) are Columbia-Pitman NJ (styrene) pressings.

namralosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2014 - 09:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That could be the true first pressing.

Copies exist for the Bachelors' "Marie" (London 9762), reviewed in Billboard on May 29, 1965.

"Satisfaction" was reviewed on June 5th.

If the earlier label (purple/white with ovals) lasted until at least mid-March, a transitional label of 2.5 months would be reasonable.

I wonder if the Moody Blues "Bottom of My Heart" exists that way. I haven't seen one, but I admit that I haven't searched for a copy, either.

Jump to: