The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2014 - 04:30 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

jeezus...
I could almost overlook the morons at a thrift doing that, but the "experts" at any so-called antique outlet?? Uhh, no... Friggin' morons (Only the asswipes who price their albums DIRECTLY on the vinyl in greasepen are better than them)... sh!t.

Reply with quote Back to top
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2014 - 10:26 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

sorry sam, i price both the cover and the record with a price sticker when i put them in the mall. this is the only way to deter theft. record collectors need to learn the correct way to remove these stickers.

annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lighter fluid for sticker removal on rare ma  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2014 - 05:52 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

DaveyTheWaxMan wrote:
I'll definitely tread lightly. Got a bunch of old issues of Yank a while back--great stuff....
I prolly wouldn't bother removing price labels on covers of older magazines ... unless they were copies of Capt. Billy's Whiz Bang or Smokehouse Monthly. Wink

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 - 03:08 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
sorry sam, i price both the cover and the record with a price sticker when i put them in the mall. this is the only way to deter theft.

Wurly-
As much as that can (sometimes) irk me, it's still WAY better than pricing directly on the vinyl in greasepen. That sh!t can be damn near impossible to get outta the grooves of an otherwise nice rekkid...

camppOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Lighter fluid for sticker removal on rare magazi  PostPosted: Jun 14, 2014 - 06:04 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Yeah, always leave subscription and other vintage labels in place. Although sometimes they simply dry out and fall right off.

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Lighter fluid for sticker removal on rare magazi  PostPosted: Jun 15, 2014 - 07:57 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Yeah, again, vintage bits don't bother me...but some of these covers are well-nigh art, or at least glorious examples of old graphic design: I'll post a couple of examples to demonstrate the idiocy...

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Lighter fluid for sticker removal on rare magazi  PostPosted: Jun 15, 2014 - 08:03 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Disregard. Page says files're too big, and I ain't got the patience to resize 'em////

camppOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Lighter fluid for sticker removal on rare magazi  PostPosted: Jun 15, 2014 - 09:38 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Reminds me of the time I bought a bunch of gorgeous 50s LPs at a yard sale... And the idiot the night before marked Every Single Album with a magic marker "10c". Grrrr and Nassshhhhhh.

Jump to: