The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2014 - 07:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Some great finds here.........

Reply with quote Back to top
Ernie11Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 - 03:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I don't have scans of these two 78's I found in my local used bookstore today, I was a bit surprised to find these there - it was Jimmie Rodgers's Blue Yodel and Blue Yodel II on Victor 21142 and 21291. From what I can tell, these are the 1928 originals, which I gather are nice to own, but not particularly rare, but heck, I only paid 25 cents each for them. I enjoyed playing them - I'm not too knowledgeable on Rodgers' work as great as his reputation is, but even I can recognize on Blue Yodel the most famous yodel song of all.

The neat thing about these two is that while they are ostensibly country songs, the lyrics and the whole sensibility of these songs kinda just shout out BLUES. Either Jimmie Rodgers was heavily influenced by his blues contemporaries, or he heavily influenced them, don't know which.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2014 - 05:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I don't have pics at the moment, and don't have a 78 setup- a few recent finds were kind of interesting . They are decca (not mecca) amusement park records. One references coney island (iirc the carousel). They were labeled terms like "screams" "medieval tortures" "children laughing". -m

Jump to: