The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
recordfan
Post subject: Johnny Burnette on Coral for over $400?  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2012 - 11:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

This is getting absolutely nuts in the RAB department.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230764073072

I have worked very hard over the years to get as complete a collection of the Johnny Burnettes on Coral as I can. I have 6 of the 7 and a nice VG+ stock copy of the one above is part of that group.

Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2012 - 10:59 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

WOW ! Used to see Johnny Burnette 45's on Coral all the time for 50 cents to a buck. I've probably sold that one for a buck in the past. Times have changed.

HamYardieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2012 - 03:46 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

While on the subject of Johnny Burnette, when I first started visiting used/collectors record shops in London in the mid 1970's, the Rock'N'Roll Trio 10" was the most expensive Rock'N'Roll around. The term Rockabilly was a pretty obscure term until the Elvis Sun Sessions LP was released.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2014 - 09:04 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

SID wrote:
WOW ! Used to see Johnny Burnette 45's on Coral all the time for 50 cents to a buck. I've probably sold that one for a buck in the past. Times have changed.

i know it's been several years but i just now saw this post. mustave been away on a record buying trip. the johnny burnette solo records don't bring much but the johnny burnette records with the trio backing him were always 100 dollar records. you have to play them to tell which version you have.

Jump to: