The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EcclecticRecordsOffline
Post subject: Looking for record stores in Buffalo, NY  PostPosted: May 15, 2010 - 10:20 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Haven't been to Buffalo in a long while. Any vinyl shops I should visit while there? Thanks.

Proudly enjoying vinyl for over 20 years on a sweet Dual 1219

Reply with quote Back to top
therecordranchOffline
Post subject: RE: Looking for record stores in Buffalo, NY  PostPosted: May 21, 2010 - 03:04 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Spiral Scratch on Delaware between Hertel and Kenmore. I worked at Home Of The Hits on Elmwood in the '90s. Unfortunately it closed down about 4 years ago. Record Theater on Main St. towards downtown sells vinyl as well. Not sure what their stock looks like these days as I don't live there anymore.

EcclecticRecordsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Looking for record stores in Buffalo, NY  PostPosted: May 23, 2010 - 10:48 AM
Level 4
Level 4

Dup

Last edited by EcclecticRecords on May 23, 2010 - 11:00 AM; edited 1 time in total

EcclecticRecordsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Looking for record stores in Buffalo, NY  PostPosted: May 23, 2010 - 10:58 AM
Level 4
Level 4

therecordranch wrote:
Spiral Scratch on Delaware between Hertel and Kenmore. I worked at Home Of The Hits on Elmwood in the '90s. Unfortunately it closed down about 4 years ago. Record Theater on Main St. towards downtown sells vinyl as well. Not sure what their stock looks like these days as I don't live there anymore.

I remember "Home Of The Hits" from the late 80's. Isn't that the place that had the colored sticker pricing system? I went to two different stores while in Buffalo last week. Here's my review.

Spiral Scratch Records
2531 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716) 873-1484

Notes: Small store with a couple hundred pieces of used vinyl. The vinyl is separated by Genre and file alphabetically. Prices look reasonable, but I didn't find any thing that interested me. They had $1.00 bargain section too.

The Record Barron
3048 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217-2026

Notes: Much larger selection of vinyl. The owner is "unique" sort of individual. Most of vinyl is alphabetized, but all Genres are glumped together (except Jazz & Heavy Metal). The newer acquisions are "layered" throughout the store. In general, prices seem a little on the high side. It took a lot of time to go through everything. I bought several pieces that looked to be great condition. However, when I got them home, they looked much worse for wear. I think it's the light in the store. I still believe it's worth a stop if you come to town, just be more careful in grading while there.

Another store I found listed on the Internet was:

M & B Record Exchange
3283 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14217

Notes: I did not get a chance to visit here as I spent so much time at the Record Baron. I hope to go back to Buffalo in the next month or so. I'll give a review after I visit.

onemaltOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2012 - 05:48 AM
Level 2
Level 2

M&B Record Exchange has moved to 207 Delaware St, Tonawanda, NY, 14150. Small store with a smallish selection but definitely some of the cleanest used vinyl in town.

Record Theater at Main and Lafayette has a great selection of new and used. It's old-school record shopping at it's best with row after row of browsing bins.

The Record Baron probably has the "deepest" collection and Dan, the owner, can seemingly get you just about anything you may be looking for but he's a businessman first and bargains are few and far between.

Oh yeah, Sprial Scratch didn't close, they just moved to Bryant St. after a fire at the original location.

McIntosh MA6600, MCD500
Rega P3-25 w/TTPSU
DCM Timewindows

Fireflite
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2014 - 05:27 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Who's got the best 45 selection in Buffalo?

Jump to: