The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jacklinOffline
Post subject: HELP - Large record collection to sell  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2014 - 01:54 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large record collection that I would like to sell. I found discogs and started putting the collection on their. I was told (by a friend) that I should photograph each album and sleeve. There are more than 10,000 albums. What is the best way to do this? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2014 - 02:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

What exactly do you have and where are you located ?

j_loopOffline
Post subject: Re: HELP - Large record collection to sell  PostPosted: Jul 30, 2014 - 11:13 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

jacklin wrote:
I was told (by a friend) that I should photograph each album and sleeve.

No need, unless listing on ebay or it's really valuable..or there aren't any pics on Discogs. Are you familiar with record/sleeve grading? Discogs does have a decent help section on that if you haven't checked it out.

...and if the intent is to get rid of 'em all, the best way is to find someone local to buy the whole gamut. 10k plus records takes a long time to sell individually.

Jump to: