The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bush Monkey
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2014 - 10:44 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have been watching a lot of Japanese samurai movies lately, old Japanese classics. So far my favorites are The Blind Swordsman (yeah, he's blind) and also Lone Wolf and Cub. Both of these movies with the characters have several sequels and all have been excellent.

Reply with quote Back to top
ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2014 - 07:56 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Bush Monkey wrote:
I have been watching a lot of Japanese samurai movies lately, old Japanese classics. So far my favorites are The Blind Swordsman (yeah, he's blind)

I have a similar one i'm kinda fond of, "The Crippled Masters"!
This one dude has no legs, the other one has no arms. But together they're a friggin' Kung-Fu machine! Cool

Bush Monkey
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2014 - 10:01 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

ShadySam wrote:
This one dude has no legs, the other one has no arms. But together they're a friggin' Kung-Fu machine! Cool
Shocked

I'm definitely going to check out that one.

Bush Monkey
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 11:08 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I kept seeing these 2 classic Japanese films on many best movie lists, so I watched them. One is Rashomon (1950) and the other is Seven Samurai (1954). I would like to highly recommend to you watching Seven Samurai (1954), if you are interested in Japanese cinema. The movie "The Magnificent Seven" is based on Akira Kurosawa's 1954 Japanese film Seven Samurai. It is a long movie, over 3 hours. It is a very good movie, IMO.

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 12:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Is the Blind Swordsman the Zatoichi movies? I saw a few of them years ago and really like them. I should go back and try another one. Especially since new movies rarely impress anymore.
Can't go wrong with Kurosawa. His non-samurai movies don't get talked about enough if you ask me.

p.s. Yojimbo was the template for A Fistful of Dollars.

Bush Monkey
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 01:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

j_loop wrote:
Is the Blind Swordsman the Zatoichi movies? I saw a few of them years ago and really like them. I should go back and try another one. Especially since new movies rarely impress anymore.
Can't go wrong with Kurosawa. His non-samurai movies don't get talked about enough if you ask me.

p.s. Yojimbo was the template for A Fistful of Dollars.
Yes, Zatoichi is The Blind Swordsman. I'm putting Yojimbo on my watch list. Saw the trailer for it on YouTube. It looks to be a good one, and is directed by Akira Kurosawa, and has Toshiro Mifune starring in it. Toshiro Mifune was a great actor. Really enjoyed him in Seven Samurai and Rashomon.

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 02:59 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Bush Monkey wrote:
I kept seeing these 2 classic Japanese films on many best movie lists, so I watched them. One is Rashomon (1950) and the other is Seven Samurai (1954). I would like to highly recommend to you watching Seven Samurai (1954), if you are interested in Japanese cinema. The movie "The Magnificent Seven" is based on Akira Kurosawa's 1954 Japanese film Seven Samurai. It is a long movie, over 3 hours. It is a very good movie, IMO.

The Seven Samurai, I saw that about 20 years ago on the local PBS station, an excellent movie. One quickly gets used to the subtitles. I don't remember it being that long, but it was well worth seeing.

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2014 - 05:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Bush Monkey wrote:
ShadySam wrote:
Shocked

I'm definitely going to check out that one.

Ya gotta check this out Bushy, it's a trip!

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2014 - 03:51 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

"Motel Hell", my friend clued me into this bizarre one. Farmer Vincent's smoked meat, everyone says it's the best meat they ever tasted. Vincent grinds up people with the pork!

Elaine Joyce, has a small part in it, was she ever hot!

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2014 - 12:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Angels Die Hard
Hell's Angels '69
CC and Company...

...these were not cinematic masterpieces by any means (definitely not of the pedigree as Easy Rider),
but so much funner to watch. Anyone agree (or have Angels Die Hard sdtk on Uni label)? Thoughts ?

Jump to: