The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
justpoppedinOffline
Post subject: Frederick Delius first recording  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2014 - 09:20 AM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, sorting some stuff out and I keep coming across this box with 2 LP in by the said person, I bought it from a jumble sale for 50p many yrs ago and for some reason keep putting it back in the cuboard every time, is it worth hanging on to or do I just send it to the charity shop with the other stuff, it has paper work with it inside, 2 lps seem to be in good condition.Have never heard of the person. thanks all Smile

Reply with quote Back to top
j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Frederick Delius first recording  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2014 - 11:26 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Delius was the composer and some records back in the day would promote an album as a "first recording" of a particular piece which may have meant something at the time of its release, but not much now for the most part. Whether or not it's of value will depend on what piece, what label/pressing, what performers and what condition.

Welcome to The Guild!

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: