The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CaptainVagueOffline
Post subject: Jimi Jamison: Lead singer of Survivor dead at 63  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2014 - 12:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

R.I.P. He sang and co-wrote the "Baywatch" theme.

"When he did show up we had a hard time finding something for him to do. Then one day he shows up and puts that great slide on "No Expectations". That was the last contribution I think Brian ever made." - Mick Jagger

Reply with quote Back to top
aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: Jimi Jamison: Lead singer of Survivor dead at 63  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2014 - 03:15 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: This is unexpected.

My brother got Survivor's "Vital Signs" in 1984. And sure it was a great discovery to me: 'High On You', 'Search Is Over', 'Can't HOld Back' were songs I really liked. I even remember myself translating to spanish those song's lyrics, as the mex pressing also had the Lyrics-sheet. That Survivor It was one of my fav albums in my pre-U2-Cure days. I bought the 45 rpm of 'Is this Love?' in 1986. which later I give it away to some friend who also liked the band.

He had such a clear-powerful voice. I did enjoyed much a few months ago watching him performing the old hits in a YouTube show uploaded by an die-hard fan. I was amazed of how good he still could sing, hitting all those high notes!.

Rest in Peace, Jimi and thanks.

ARAVEL Rolling Eyes

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: