The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
26 Post subject: Gustavo Cerati  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2014 - 12:35 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: In a very sad news

Gustavo Cerati 55 years old

Composer, musician, former lead guitar and vocalist of one of the finest -if not the best ever- rock & roll band from all spanish-speaking countries, Soda Stereo, passed away today in Buenos Aires Argentina.

He spent the last 4 years in life-support after have suffered a stroke after a show in Venezuela. He remained in a coma until his death today.

Believe me when I say, this is a relevant loss for Latin America music world. His solo albums, not so commercially successful were higly acclaimed by music critics though.He had a powerful educated voice for a rock performer, and his guitar technique made a particular sound, recognizable right away.

Take a chance, 5 mins to listen to this band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDk7WgigT-w

Soda Stereo albums are a must for any young or mature men who likes well crafted latin american music rock. They were gods in Mexico.

I was lucky enough to see him perform with Soda Stereo twice: 1988 and 1991 in their prime in my very own city.

RIP Gustavo, thanks.
ARAVEL

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: