The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re:  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2014 - 12:13 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I'm not sure if I bored everyone about the spilt milk I mentioned. To surmise- I bought some 78's without a clue from a house that was being foreclosed. The fella selling them was sick- I went back a couple of times and grabbed a few dscs. Then it was foreclosed. I thought it had sold, it hadn't. But the bank has a cleanout guy emptying it. I went there yesterday- many of the records were taken, and he was having his friend sell the rest. I left really rare records behind. Disappointed. But even moreso- he tells me the family kept under the basemant stairs ( in the closet that was full of 78's) what were the "rare ones". In that basement I had seen almost every label pictured in the Docks book mentioned above ( no black patti's tho). I am dissapoint Confused Sad

Reply with quote Back to top
wand143Offline
Post subject: RE: Re:  PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 06:44 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

You're in good company - everybody in the hobby has at least one "shoulda/woulda/coulda" story. Still, out of the THOUSANDS of 78s I've gone through over the years, I've only found a few collectible ones: one or two pre-WWII blues, a couple rare dance band ones, two or three blue shellac Columbias from the early 1930s, a couple "hillbilly" keepers - it's a long hard search, in other words.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re:  PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 08:41 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thanks Wand

Jump to: