The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RidinTheWind
Post subject: Wishing Someone a Happy Birthday  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2014 - 12:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

One of the local TV stations added Get TV to its digital subchannels.

So, yesterday they had a spot during a break from the movie mentioning that it was Dick York's birthday and wishing him that it be a happy one. Well, it wasn't. Dick York died in 1992.

Reply with quote Back to top
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Wishing Someone a Happy Birthday  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2014 - 09:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i see that regularly, they need to hire a trivia expert

wand143Offline
Post subject: RE: Wishing Someone a Happy Birthday  PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 06:22 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Oh! Oh! Mmm! Mmm! Pick me! Pick Me! (damn it, nobody ever sees my hand raised...)

annaloogAdministrator
Post subject: Re: Wishing Someone a Happy Birthday  PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 09:03 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

RidinTheWind wrote:
.. mentioning that it was Dick York's birthday and wishing him that it be a happy one. Well, it wasn't. Dick York died in 1992.
The actor, Dick York, was born 4 Sep 1928. Well he might not have appreciated the mention, being beyond this mortal vale, we the living can still celebrate the anniversary, which I expect was Get TV's intention. Get TV has made similar mentions of other dead movie stars.

Jump to: