The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 01, 2014 - 05:54 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The biggest one I had this past Sunday was a clown who sells COLLECTORS ITEMS (I mean, his table practically screams the phrase) and for once he had 45s (he always had LPs but at NM book prices, regardless of actual record condition). After shuffling through the obligatory Rolling Stones singles in average condition for $5 and up, I stopped short at an ERIC label reissue of "Wild Weekend" by The Rockin' Rebels for $12. I walked away after that...and roughly in the same area was another jerk selling Iron Maiden LPs for $25 each. Three hours later, when I found a clean copy of Eddie Bond's "Rockin' Daddy" for 50 cents, I realized that Life Is Good.

Reply with quote Back to top
StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 01, 2014 - 06:46 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wand143 wrote:
The biggest one I had this past Sunday was a clown who sells COLLECTORS ITEMS (I mean, his table practically screams the phrase) and for once he had 45s (he always had LPs but at NM book prices, regardless of actual record condition). After shuffling through the obligatory Rolling Stones singles in average condition for $5 and up, I stopped short at an ERIC label reissue of "Wild Weekend" by The Rockin' Rebels for $12. I walked away after that...and roughly in the same area was another jerk selling Iron Maiden LPs for $25 each. Three hours later, when I found a clean copy of Eddie Bond's "Rockin' Daddy" for 50 cents, I realized that Life Is Good.

Not hard to sell Iron Maiden records for $25,but the rest,reissues of Wild Weekend on ERIC and Rolling Stones 45`s in average condition for $5,they`d never sell for that price.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2014 - 05:59 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

OK, I guess I'm ignorant of the Iron Maiden thing but it still yanks my chain when you have somebody selling albums for $1 each "unless they're hard rock" or "unless they're metal" and of course the determination is only made by the seller. A month ago I was at a flea market where the guy had just that: otherwise common Rock albums for $1 each but KISS was $10, Black Sabbath was $20, etc., and the condition was all the same.

StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2014 - 06:42 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wand143 wrote:
OK, I guess I'm ignorant of the Iron Maiden thing but it still yanks my chain when you have somebody selling albums for $1 each "unless they're hard rock" or "unless they're metal" and of course the determination is only made by the seller. A month ago I was at a flea market where the guy had just that: otherwise common Rock albums for $1 each but KISS was $10, Black Sabbath was $20, etc., and the condition was all the same.

I`ve got a friend of mine who sells at flea markets,he would sell KISS for $10(depending on condition) and Black Sabbath again also depending on condition.Metal sells well around here,but we don`t have any used record stores.Average rock lps don`t sell for that much.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 05:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just paid one more visit for the year to my favorite antique mall. The guy with all the fake "nostalgia" crap had the guts to price common mid-1970s pop 45s at $2 to $4 each, all in average condition. The punch line to this is that he stuck a couple pieces of tape over the openings of the sleeves, probably to prevent sleeve switching (like anyone WOULD in this case) but more likely to prevent people from seeing what crappy condition the records were in.

Jump to: