The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wax33recordsOffline
Post subject: Rare Jazz Vinyl Collection for sale 90% M/M  PostPosted: Sep 25, 2014 - 07:26 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Please, send your email to fbakho@yahoo.com if you want to receive the list in Excel format.

I am 60 years old and I have been collecting (and selling) records for over 30 years. I am based in Europe sharing my time between France and Italy (where my wife is from). I am currently selling most of my personal collection online on Discogs (wax33records) but I have never listed this jazz collection that I just bought from a widow of a jazz journalist who received advanced copies and basically filed them directly on the shelves.
I insist on the fact that I know the difference between NM and M. For a cover to be truly Mint, it means that the back must be white (untouched) and the corners perfectly sharp with seams like new. If you consider that this collection was bought between 1955 and 1960, you can appreciate how incredibly rare it is to find original 1st pressings with cover that are still Mint!! Regarding the vinyl, Mint means also that it is absolutely spotless with no mark whatsoever. Most of the records of this collection have never been played!! All my grading is visual only as I do not want to take the risk of damaging any of these spotless records. As an example, when is the last time you ever encountered a M/M copy of John Coltrane 's Giant Steps US black label deep groove? Or Kind of Blue original 1st pressing 6-eyes Mono deep groove in M/M? Not mentioning all my very rare European pressings in pristine condition.
I will only sell the entire collection as a whole (199 records). You can make me a reasonable offer keeping in mind that I have a keen knowledge about the world vinyl current market for the exceptional condition of these records.
I have sent this list to a few major record resellers and I will obviously consider the best offer.
Thanks for your consideration,
François

Last edited by wax33records on Sep 25, 2014 - 01:18 PM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
wax33recordsOffline
Post subject: RE: Rare Jazz Vinyl Collection for sale 90% M/M  PostPosted: Sep 25, 2014 - 10:22 AM
Level 2
Level 2

my email is fbakho@yahoo.com

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Rare Jazz Vinyl Collection for sale 90% M/M  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2014 - 08:25 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

there's some nice ones in these but i think they're greatly overpriced. what do you think?

Jump to: