The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
I_AM_CANADIANOffline
25 Post subject: Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2014 - 06:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Looking for any and all of the following 45s from the Capitol of Canada 72000 series on the swirl label, in playable condition. I live in St. Catharines, Ontario right now. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out! (:

Tony Renis - Quando quando quando/Blue - 72030
The John Barry Seven - The James Bond Theme/Blacksmith Blues - 72064
The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over/I Know You - 72138
The Roulettes - Bad Time/Can You Go - 72155
Sounds Incorporated - The Spartans/Detroit - 72156
Sounds Incorporated - Hall of the Mountain King/Time For You - 72255
The Arrows - Apache '65/Blue Guitar - 72217
The In Crowd - That's How Strong My Love Is/Things She Says - 72265
The Downliners Sect - All Night Worker/He Was a Square - 72337
The Yokohama Ramblers - Yokohama Nights (Happiness)/Yokohama Nights (Sadness) - 72386
Yemm and the Yemen - Black Is the Night/Do Blondes Really Have More Fun? - 72428
Keith Relf - Shapes in My Mind/Blue Sands - 72240
The Smoke - My Friend Jack/We Can Take It - 72462
The E-Types - Put the Clock Back on the Wall/4th Street - 72465

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2014 - 06:59 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I_AM_CANADIAN wrote:
... The Yokohama Ramblers - Yokohama Nights (Happiness)/Yokohama Nights (Sadness) - 72386 ....
Interesting to know this somewhat obscure 45 was issued in Canada on Capitol. I have a copy of the US Tower single (#240) w/custom sleeve.

I_AM_CANADIANOffline
Post subject: Re: Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2014 - 06:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

annaloog wrote:
I_AM_CANADIAN wrote:
... The Yokohama Ramblers - Yokohama Nights (Happiness)/Yokohama Nights (Sadness) - 72386 ....
Interesting to know this somewhat obscure 45 was issued in Canada on Capitol. I have a copy of the US Tower single (#240) w/custom sleeve.
Frustratingly, I saw this single (and a few of the others on my list) at a flea market this weekend, but while it looked interesting, I hadn't heard of the group and left it behind. When I went back the next day, after doing a little research, someone else had gone through the pile of "maybes" I'd stupidly left in a neat stack and picked out this one and a number of others. Hrngh. Sad I'm especially irritated with myself because this flea market just opened recently and I might have been the first one, or one of the first ones, to dig through the disorganized bins of 45s, so I did someone else's work for them.

So far as I can tell from looking at discographies, in the late 60s Capitol of Canada released a number of more obscure Tower recordings.

Jump to: