The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
2EarsOffline
Post subject: Which ECM Original Viny Issues were Digitally Recorded?  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2014 - 04:33 AM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Is there any information as to which ECM recordings originally released on vinyl were from original digital recordings? I have three Keith Jarrett original German issue ECM records which were all recorded in Jan 1983 which I previously assumed were from analogue recordings:

"Changes"
"Standards" Vol. 1
"Standards" Vol. 2

The reason for my doubt is that I recently bought Keith Jarrett "Concerts" on ECM recorded in 1981 and issued in 1982. Both the back of the box cover and the record labels are marked as "Digital Recordings". Can I assume that if the ECM record label and album cover do not indicate that they are digital recordings that they were analogue?

Many thanks,
Chris

Reply with quote Back to top
GraemeOffline
Post subject: RE: Which ECM Original Viny Issues were Digitally Recorded?  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2014 - 07:32 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I can't answer the question specifically, but ECM was an early adopter of digital recording - starting in 1981 - so it's a fair bet that 1983 recordings were digital

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: