The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
soib45Offline
Post subject: I hate this  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2014 - 07:06 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I know I'm not the only seller that hates this....a zero feedback bidder sneaks in the last second to win then we are stuck with them.....this happened this afternoon...and said to myself.......this looks like trouble..and sure enough...10 minutes ago I get this email..which smellls of scam to me.......am I right or just paranoid ....I am hoping they don't pay as I really don't trust what happens after I send it.....I can't stand that ebay offers NO protection for this.......I get rid of the zeros if there is time left unless they email me which I state.......but with one second left.......well

Hello,
I won the bidding on this piece and am very excited to get it.

This may sound unbelievable, but I received a phone call from my bank this evening to inform me of online fraud of my accounts. They have thus, shut down all access to my accounts until I can come into the bank in the morning, provide ID, and discuss with my what has occurred with my accounts.

I had planned on paying tonight, but since I cannot use my funds until this is resolved, I have to humbly ask to pay tomorrow once I have resolved this with the bank.

Thank you for your understanding. I am going first thing in the mooring, so payment should be no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Reply with quote Back to top
GraemeOffline
Post subject: RE: I hate this  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2014 - 07:30 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Well, it's only 24 hours before you either get the money or not. I'd wait and see how the situation evolves.

Although I (sort of) understand your reluctance to trade with zero bidders, just deleting them seems a little unfair - we all had to start somewhere. AIR, the first winning bid I ever made on eBay was for several hundred euros, I'd have been really miffed if the seller had deleted me, just because I hadn't made previous buys.

soib45Offline
Post subject: RE: I hate this  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2014 - 07:34 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

No..I don't just delete them..not at all.I put in my listings that new or zero must contact me first.....most do,and then I don't have a problem....Yes..you're right..everybody starts out ..but when you bid without reading what I wrote......which this person did...its a red flag to me........but you're right..just wait and see .......

aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: I hate this  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2014 - 08:11 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: I'm with you...

How about the guy who, after 1 week without contact, e-mailed me to say that "he was robbed on the way to the bank to pay the cd I bought online from you"...sure, happy thiefs went away with $65 MEX = $5 USD... I hate those guys too. Evil or Very Mad

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
karloffsidekick
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2014 - 07:52 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I don't get the paranoia of dealing w/ "zero" feedbackers. I mean...we all have to start somewhere so
bring 'em on...my arms are open. First time buyers, as well as all nations far and wide, you're
money's good with me!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/karloffsidekick

RZ

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2014 - 11:52 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Whenever someone with zero/low feedback I worry a little more, but I've never had a problem. Even when they don't pay for days and never contact me. Honestly, if I were that buyer I probably wouldn't have even shown you the courtesy of writing that email. If my bank accounts have possible fraudulent activity what I bought last night on ebay is not a concern.

Jump to: