The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
geo58000Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Can  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2014 - 02:20 PM
Level 5
Level 5

"The Fool" S/T (Mercury, 1969)
I'm pretty much up for anything Beatles-related, but this is just awfully awful.
As singers, they are great clothes designers. It's no wonder Apple didn't sign 'em.
I recently read Graham Nash's autobiography, and he never mentioned that he produced this album. Smart man.
Side 2 may be brilliant, but I'll never know, because I can't get through side 1.

Reply with quote Back to top
ChadFromCanadaOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Can  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2014 - 08:15 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

aravel wrote:
ChadFromCanada wrote:
aravel wrote:
::: That's the one that has 'Don't shade a Tear? It's a song I like from PC

Never would have known that song by name, and I wasn't even born yet when it came out, but I'm sure I heard this song dozens of times as a kid - I instantly recognized the intro.

::: Chad, it's hard to read this from you, as I listened this song on the Top40 when I was 15 years old...how old am I then?
Shocked Very Happy

ARAVEL

I suppose that'd make you just over 40. I'm on the wrong side of 20 myself, in fact closer now to 30 (I don't expect any pity Laughing ).

And yea Stephen, that's a good point. I like that we had that MAPL system on music back in the day, it makes finding a good record and then knowing that it's Canadian that much cooler - and there's no shame in promoting our home-grown talent; music is one of the few forms in media that Canadians truly excel at (compared to our bigger counterparts like Britain and the States, who by and large put out much better films, television series and sometimes books).

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: