The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Music Lover
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2005 - 06:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I am curious to know if people are using the RCG grading in their feedback.

Gail

Reply with quote Back to top
chunksmydogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2005 - 06:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I just wanted to mention that I used to use a grading system, but recently I stopped, because I thought everyone would know what my grade meant. After reading this entire thread I see it is foolish of me not to include a grading scale in my auctions. Interpretation is what grading is all about, so from now on I am going to list a grading scale. Also, with the nm- or vg++ comment: I sometimes put NM- on an album that I might believe to be NM, but just to have a little leeway for more conservative graders(I think I grade fairly, but just in case of that kind of a thing). Then often buyers will comment on how it was in BETTER shape than what I graded it, which is fine with me. I like the RCG scale.
Jeff

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
soib45Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2009 - 07:49 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I never use grading scales.To me, its akin to someone asking how good does the car look on a scale of 1-10.I realize something had to be made to "plug" in condition. I also believe on Ebay its a combo of laziness ,and how many auctions have we seen ,where the seller sells an expensive record and just puts a sentence barley attached to a VG or G.I just can't do that.That is opening a can of worms.Yeah,you might list the thing in 10 minutes,but to me trouble is more likely to brew after the person gets the vinyl.Personally,on Ebay or anywhere else with any item I sell , I take as much time to go over it as needed .Takes effort to write,but I feel its the right way to present something.Here is a current and past auction of mine which shows my style....right or wrong ..that's how I feel comfortable doing it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=270405770699

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270414963021.

ccridesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2009 - 01:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

After reading this entire thread...I have to agree soib45...I kinda like the way Michael keeps it simple and open...post your personal grading scale in the product info...then all ya have to do is invite discussion about it from the buyer to make sure he/she is clear on the quality of the item as best as you can describe it..!..simple..!..Smile

Jump to: