The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2005 - 04:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

also it has the word "stereo" under Vee Jay at the top of the front cover,,, Surprised Surprised

Reply with quote Back to top
newtrikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 08, 2005 - 08:18 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Well I appreciate your research guys, now I know my copy is the real deal. But then I had acquired it from a long-time Capitol employee with many others so there never was much doubt. Very interesting though. I'm going to be letting my LP collection go-moved to a smaller space, gettin' old. Check in the Buy and Sell if you need anything.

Newtrik

kichigaijinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 09:42 PM
Level 3
Level 3

ok, i could stir up the pot a bit...just scored an authentic copy of this at a local shop.condition isnt great, but what do ya expect...heres where it gets wierd...

ok, according to that "Introducing..." site, the copy i bought today is a Mono Version 1 sleeve("PS I Love You" listed on back,etc...), but the 45-sized rainbow brackets labels are indicated to be a Mono Version 2, pressed at ARP in Michigan(one can see only the very extreme lower ARP stamp on this, it had obviously worn down)...its DEFINATELY not a fake, i compared it to a stereo fake i got at the same shop a few months ago(which,incidentally the fake was priced almost 4x what this authentic one cost me[which was $10.98 TOTAL for BOTH COPIES!! YEAH!!}...silly hippy record shop clerks!!) & the fake fits all the fake tip offs & sounds real thin & has all the wrong songs,etc...i can post scans of my authentic copy if you want to verify what i got. im just wondering how this random budget bin copy has a version 1 sleeve & version 2 vinyl. a careless collector mix&match upgrade from years past, or have i found a variation that isnt documented yet?? who knows...

oh yeah, the back sleeve slick on my just purchased authentic copy is pasted on upside-down. does this indicate a specific version not previously discussed, or just assumed to be a random printing error in the original manufacture? just wondering...

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2006 - 01:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I don't think anyone listed this site, some nice pics on spotting fakes.
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Auditorium/1170/Counterfeits/Introducing.html

mojo525Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2006 - 11:04 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

So, just out of curiosity -- other than being of lesser value than an authentic copy, is there anything wrong with these fakes? Is the fidelity any worse?
Also, is there any real market for the fakes? After all, they're getting old too, no? It seems there's a market for anything that has the Beatles name attached to it -- even fakes?
Thanks,

Chris.HowellOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2008 - 02:00 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Mofo,
I just got a counterfeit. The biggest difference I hear is that the intro of I Saw Her Standing There is cut off and all you hear is Paul yelling "Four!" Apart from that there's some low hiss between songs which I'd guess is a pressing issue since it looks clean. I don't have an original to compare it too though.
Chris

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2008 - 12:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Chris.Howell wrote:
Mofo,
I just got a counterfeit. The biggest difference I hear is that the intro of I Saw Her Standing There is cut off and all you hear is Paul yelling "Four!" Apart from that there's some low hiss between songs which I'd guess is a pressing issue since it looks clean. I don't have an original to compare it too though.
Chris

I posed this question in another thread, think mine intros with "three, four". Replies from those who had legit copies said that is the correct intro.

Chris.HowellOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 - 08:35 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Chris.Howell wrote:
Mofo,
Chris

And now I've got a legitimate copy, and the intro to I Saw Her Standing There is the same. Fidelity's pretty much the same as far as I can tell but I'm no audiophile.

johnny-guitarOffline
Post subject: Version 1 Mono fake?  PostPosted: May 17, 2008 - 06:02 AM
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!
I just recieved my first copy of introducing.
It`s a version 1 with oval logo, I bought it as a genuine copy both vinyl and cover.

Since it`s my first copy ever of introducing, I`m very unsure if it`s fake or not.
I have red and checked all the things on BealteHarb website, but is still unsure about the cover. I think the vinyl is authentic, but I might be wrong.

I`m desperate for some help and advice..I have taken some fairly good pictures to make it easy for you experts hopefully.. What is the second stamp (not audiomatrix) in vinyl and the small etching "P4"?

Here are links to pictures:
http://www.redhead.nu/vinyl
http://www.redhead.nu/front
http://www.redhead.nu/back

johnny-guitarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2008 - 06:44 AM
Level 4
Level 4

"..I have taken some fairly good pictures to make it easy for you experts hopefully.. "

Just so you don`t missunderstand my bad english,
I know you are experts Smile
I just ment that I hope my pictures are good enough

Jump to: