The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
greyhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2008 - 09:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Yeah, my RCM is the kitchen sink.

Reply with quote Back to top
moliusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2009 - 04:41 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I use the Cadence Okki Nokki with the LAST cleaning products. Everything sounds clean to me.

LousyTouristOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 04:29 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I have a NG 1.0, bottom of the line model. I don't have any illusions about it 'cleaning' the record, only that it removes the fluid from the record surface well.

Someday when a rich uncle dies (assuming I have a rich uncle somewhere that I don't know about) I'll buy a Loricraft or a Monks.

Till then, manual labor, scrubbing and wiping, etc.

I think we are expected to do some amount of scrubbing, etc. with even the Loricraft/Monks variety -- so the improvement is incremental once you go mechanical.

The real trick to good results (in my experience) is two distilled water rinses at the end.

dillonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 05:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

hey guys. someday ill get round to posting a photo or 2 of my modified vacuum tool on here...its been done for sure as i got the idea off someone on here. i use my distilled water/alcohol cleaner and scrub the records like heck in circular motion of course, with my miniture paint pads (about 2 inches long by 1 and a half inch come with a little handle)....i try to get the softer pads as apposed to some more brittle ones as i found some pads can leave very faint surface scratches. they work really good as you can focus on scrubbing out the dirt deep in the grooves on a little area at a time. the pads come in packs of 4 and being white don't take long at all to start showing what dirt and crap you've scrubbed up. then i just chuck my vacuum cleaner on, pop the modified tool on the end of the vacuum, the tools got velvet pads (they do need changing every now and again, i brought a 1 metre sheet) just over lapping the slipt in the tool that is as long as a lp, overlap to make sure your not touching the vinyl with plastic at any stage.......heres where i can improve but meh , i just let that sucker suck onto the vinyl, sucks it into the air and i just spin it around slowly with my fingers on the egdes a few times......and in a very poor mans way have a perfectly clean record with not a spec of dust or dirt. all up cost was about $10 for paint pads $5 for velvet and whatever it costed to make the solution. finally put the record on the turntable, wipe my carbon fibre brush around a few times and sit back. i suspect it would work better than a machine as i do alot of manual scrubbing, really working on getting that dirt out of the grooves, as apposed to a expensive machine that sorta swipes over it with a brush a few times, then vacumms it off..but ill never know until i buy one for myself i guess......which i never will. cause to me there seems no way my records could possible get any cleaner than what they are now unless maybe i buy a 'professional' record cleaning solution like disc doctor.its only downfall is time. but if your like me and don't watch much tv then you can do it all night. ill get some photos up some day.

brioma33Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 31, 2011 - 06:13 AM
Level 4
Level 4

www.spincleanrecordwasher.com/

I recently got the Spin Clean system for cleaning my records. It is not a vacuum system but works incredibly good. The cost is very reasonable especially when compared to the vacuum cleaners. I spent the money after reading their reviews and I am glad I did. I am a neat freak when it comes to my lps and I thought my records were clean. After using the Spin Clean I was amazed. There is a noticeable difference in the sound quality and to see the amount of dirt in the cleaning solution after I was done really blew me away. I personally recommend this to anyone that wants a high quality cleaning system but can't afford the high dollar vacuum cleaners.
Brian

Jump to: