The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jackcaptureOffline
Post subject: Attaching Pictures and Images  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2004 - 09:07 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

These are the methods I use but I'm sure there are more. If you've got more info, please post!

1. On the "New Topic" or "Post Reply" page, near the bottom of the page click "Add An Attachment".
2. Near the bottom of the page click "Browse".
3. This will bring up access to your computers files. Let's say you have stored an image in "My Documents" (if you are using Windows). Find "My Documents" and click on it, then click on the item you want to attach and click "Open". (Or just double click the item.)
4. Click "Add Attachment", the one under the "Browse" button, not the one next to "Options".
5. If your attachment is too big, the system will tell you so, and your picture will not be loaded.
6. Click "Preview" at the bottom of the page and make sure everything is as you want it.

If your attachment is too big, you can resize it by using Paint Shop Pro or even Paint which is automatically installed on many computers.
Open the Paint program, under File click Open, then open the file you'd like to resize. On some programs there is a "Resize" option under the topics at the top of the page. You can choose a percentage of the original. Or use the "Crop" tool (looks like a square). Just click on it, then click and drag on the area you'd like to show.
Right click and click "Cut".
Under "File" click "New".
Right click and click "Paste". Then under File click "Save As" and name your picture.

To find an image on the Internet, one way is to go to your favorite search engine--mine is Google. Near the top of the Google page click the tab "Images".
Type in what you'd like to find, ex. "Bettie Page".
Click on an image you like. Sometimes you can click on it again to get a larger size.
Right click the image and click "Save Picture As".
Title it and choose the location in your computer you'd like to store it.
Then follow the above instructions to post it.

BettiePage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.63 KB
 Viewed:  3402 Time(s)

BettiePage.jpg

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2004 - 09:38 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Jack - Most 'good' graphic software should have an option, when saving images as jpeg files, to choose the amount of compression. The larger the percent chosen, the smaller the image file. Too much compression, however, will result in a blocky image. For the record label images I have posted, I resize the original scans to 360x360, and use 10% compression, which yields image file sizes ranging from about 25 - 35 Kb.

jackcaptureOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2004 - 10:52 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Good info--thanks! Cool

whirlingdiscOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2004 - 01:05 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Probably better to post the reply to my scanning problem here...has anyone else seen this message when you try to submit a scan: extension array not available??
It's preventing me from submitting scans...I have a mac...does ANYONE here have an idea??
Thanks in advance!
Ralf

Jump to: