The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2012 - 11:31 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Laughing Laughing

Reply with quote Back to top
zb420Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 15, 2012 - 12:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I was at the record store looking for goodies that might work on ebay.

I did pick up a copy of Blodwyn Pig's "A Head Rings Out'' at a good low price in nice shape. I have a copy already, better shape that I'll keep.

Then this copy of Heads Hands and Feet LP, " Old Soldiers Never Die" with Albert's great song "Country Boy" on it caught my eye. It had a hole punched in it, I can live with a small hole but this one was bigger than a dine. Just too big for me.

EDIT: I see that I have been made a Senior Member....Thanks!

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 15, 2012 - 12:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

yeah, i can live with some of those smaller punch-holes, but dislike those dime-size suckerz...

soib45Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 24, 2012 - 05:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Back in the 70's I worked for a company called Servor....was a giant warehouse for London records.Besides endless endless endless collating records....the cuts out I did there.Was one of those crummy college jobs....but had my friend there so it went faster.....We were told to corner cut up the Rolling Stones Metamorphosis for discount.....well after a few thousand and folk lifts bringing another ton load... and a lunch break spent at the bar...we just threw them into the circular saw any which way .We were sick of looking at them.......I'm sure some cut past the corner...way past...

maslikoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 23, 2013 - 04:38 AM
Level 3
Level 3

OF course the price should be lower for these.9/10they are usually stock that has been sent back to the supplier and then they cut/ snip/punch them and send them back to be sold at discount.Its so funny hearing newbs call these "promo's....

Jump to: