The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jackcaptureOffline
Post subject: "Purplecow" aka Ken Donnelly Caught and Banned  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 07:23 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

After thorough investigation by Cutter and the Moderating Team, it was determined that "purplecow" was yet another alias for the notorious ripoff artist, Ken Donnelly. Some of you may remember some of his previous appearances at the Guild, which were exposed and stopped. Unfortunately he did apparently get at least one of our members,
http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20622
but Donnelly has now been banned. Other moderators can provide more details as necessary.

Reply with quote Back to top
pennyannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 07:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Shocked

So this guy has been coming to the guild under aliases to get people to buy stuff, get the money & disappear? Or is he looking at peoples wants & saying he has it? This is horrible! And scary! How long has this guy been doing this?

scotapellOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 08:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Perhaps the Guild could require (or maybe just offer) some sort of certification to sellers on the forum. Requiring a little more than just an email address for registration. I know it sounds drastic and seems to punish the overwhelming majority of honest people who sell and trade records on the board but I can see this happening again.

Aside from that maybe we all need to be a little bit more cautious with our dealings with new members. (Once again this seems to punish the well intentioned and honest people on this board). Confused

LPMAN
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 08:53 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

The Buying/Selling/Trading of records on this board is at an all time high. We have established a tight knit community of trustworthy collectors who enjoy making transactions. As this recent turn of events shows, we (that is, The Record Collectors Guild) will not tolerate any person who tries to prey on our membership.

I can assure you all, the Moderation Staff and the Administrator of this board really value our members, and take very seriously any type of threat to our viewership.

If any RCG member needs more information or history about this individual, I would be happy to help explain the story in detail.

A big thank you goes out to Cutter the forum Administrator for taking protective measures for the good of this community.

I would also like to thank Gary (a.k.a Problemchild) for his valuable information that helped link 'purplecow' to the said individual.

If anyone has been ripped off or is in the motions of a deal with this character, please contact Myself, or any other RCG moderator.

Here are a few tips for Buying/Trading on this web-site:

~Read the "Buying and Selling Experiences" part of this forum, it contains feedback for completed transactions between members.

Here is the link: http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=43

~Try and deal with established members of this board who routinely trade/buy/sell

~Ask for feedback about a seller

~If you have been scammed, DO NOT keep quiet, please let others know ASAP

torehOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 09:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I would also like to say Thank You to Gary aka "problemchild" for helping me to avoid a potentially costly situation with "purplecow."
I did receive pm's from a few others and I appreciate that also. Nice to have "Guilders" here "protecting" us from the Vulchers...and thankfully, there aren't many here who want to intentionally be malicious. ...toreh

NitroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 11:55 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I have been very leery about purplecow. All of a sudden he showed up and started listing lots of records, but no mention of any deals were in the Buying And Selling Experiences section. Thanks problem.

to make that long link short "[url=" (no quotes) paste link, follow with ]my link [/url]"

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 - 12:25 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Sonofa.................................

I sent that @@##! a record--cost me ELEVEN f@@#!# DOLLARS to ship it to Australia--and have been waiting for my trade in @#! return...guess I can kiss it off....I've still got that ________'s e-mail on my Yahoo acct..time to see if I can get back to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Music Lover
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 - 02:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I would also like to thank Gary (Problem Child) for quickly forwarding information to us so that Donnelly could be stopped yet again.

Gail

Something about that expression just cracks me upÖ I canít even say it without laughing.

KiwigoldOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 - 03:16 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Good skills Gary. Cool

whirlingdiscOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 - 03:22 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

We should, as well, not overlook Prancinghorse's considerable contribution to this whole affair, as the one who expressed initial misgivings about this person and set the ball in motion, as well as sending many PM's to potential victims of this scam artist!! Well done and thanks, Peter!

Jump to: