The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2012 - 06:06 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I am always looking for the following:

Heavy Metal records on the CDN Banzai label that I need

Waylon Jennings LP's that I need

Private metal records

Rory Gallagher/Taste promo lp's

Thin Lizzy early stuff that I need

Reply with quote Back to top
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2012 - 09:02 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

KenCarsonCowgirl wrote:
____________________________WANTED___________________________________

Any records by singer Ken Carson. Ken recorded under dozens of labels during the 30's, 40's and 50's (into the 60's and early 70's as well). This here is a sample of his voice:

http://bobnolan-sop.net/Biographies/The%20Story%20of%20SOP/Ken%20Carson/Ken%20Carson%20audio/Madison%20audio/May%20Heaven%20Forgive%20you%20%281955%29.mp3

Sorry 'bout the length of the link. I am looking for ANYTHING recorded by him, and if you have a record of his I'd also love to hear what the information of the record is. I have a discography of his recordings, but it's pretty small. I know he recorded an awful lot, but no one kept a log of all his material!

If you want to see whom I'm talking about, this page is pretty informative:
http://bobnolan-sop.net/Biographies/The%20Story%20of%20SOP/Ken%20Carson/Ken%20Carson.htm
Has a lot of audio clips, too.

Thanks ahead of time!

Hi Cowgirl and welcome to the RCG.

I just spent the better part of an hour perusing the excellent webpage devoted to Ken Carson that you've provided the link to. Very interesting and informative.

I have about two dozen Sons Of The Pioneers 78s and probably have a few duplicates, I'd have to do some digging through my boxes of dupses to see what I've got. Are you looking for any Sons Of The Pioneers 78s?

KenCarsonCowgirlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2012 - 02:31 PM
Level 1
Level 1

CactusCowboy wrote:

Hi Cowgirl and welcome to the RCG.

I just spent the better part of an hour perusing the excellent webpage devoted to Ken Carson that you've provided the link to. Very interesting and informative.

I have about two dozen Sons Of The Pioneers 78s and probably have a few duplicates, I'd have to do some digging through my boxes of dupses to see what I've got. Are you looking for any Sons Of The Pioneers 78s?

Thanks, CactusCowboy! Very Happy Ken Carson is sort of my pet biography project. He was considered by many to be better than Sinatra, so I'm trying to revive his memory a little....

Sons of the Pioneers 78s. I would be interested to hear what you've got! No, I'm not really looking for their material per se (though I love to get it when I can). Mostly I'm looking for ones that Ken Carson did after he left the Pioneers. He did a lot of recording in the 50's by himself (I mean when he wasn't a member of a singing group). Sons of the Pioneers material is fairly easy to come by (accessibility wise), but Ken Carson himself is very elusive. I know he recorded. A LOT. But finding his records (mostly what I'm looking for is digital audio of his records since I can't afford the records themselves), is nearly impossible most of the time!

That being said, yes! I would love to know which 78s you have of the Pioneers. They were swell (my favorite singing group)!

KCCowgirl

email address "DollyMadisonEtsy [at] gmail {DOT} com

ronimousOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2012 - 03:12 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Just started collecting. The RCG has already hooked me up with a couple nice albums, here's some more of what I'm looking for:

Any Pink Floyd, really after any half speed masters, picture disks, colored vinyl, bootlegs, etc.
Led Zeppelin II
Lynyrd Skynyrd Second Helping, Gimme Back My Bullets
Any Metallica
Queen
Beatles Abbey Road, White Album

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2012 - 03:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

ronimous wrote:
Just started collecting. The RCG has already hooked me up with a couple nice albums, here's some more of what I'm looking for:

Any Pink Floyd, really after any half speed masters, picture disks, colored vinyl, bootlegs, etc.
Led Zeppelin II
Lynyrd Skynyrd Second Helping, Gimme Back My Bullets
Any Metallica
Queen
Beatles Abbey Road, White Album

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Welcome to the RCG,ronimous ! Very Happy

You should be able to hook up with most of those wants here. What Queen do you need ?

Junior964Offline
Post subject: Richard Bros. - Gonna Work / You Will Be Too Late Richland22  PostPosted: Dec 13, 2012 - 01:38 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I am looking for a 45 copy of the Richard Bros. - Gonna Work / You Will Be Too Late Richland 22. If you have a copy and are looking to sell please send me a message. Thanks in advance.

Old-SoulOffline
Post subject: RE: Richard Bros. - Gonna Work / You Will Be Too Late Richla  PostPosted: Dec 13, 2012 - 01:56 PM
Level 3
Level 3

I would like to get my hands on some Yardbirds,

I have Rave Up already and am looking for the following EP's:

For Your Love
Over/Under/Sideways
Roger the Engineer

I understand these can go for big $ but I'm interested in seeing if anyone has some copies they wish to sell Smile

Also!

Differen't copies of Hot Water Music's album Caution.

Estrus LP's by groups such as the Mono Men and Satans Pilgrims.

I've recently learned about an awesome group Man or Astroman and I'd love to get my hands on that!

And just forget all those days
That dragged on for miles and miles
Leave them all behind

Jump to: