The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m_ekOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2008 - 07:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

nice badge collection

the BOMP pins are cool
funny I was just thinking about the badges I used to have and what most likely happened to them ->trash Confused
I had quite a collection of Police ones when I was about 13
also had a few DEVO ones and some others that I can't quite recall (probably some Prince and such)

I've been slowly picking up new ones from current bands and record labels I like

Reply with quote Back to top
savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2008 - 09:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Quote:
Yes,I still have all those buttons that I wore back in the 70's and 80's,even some of those in your picture. You must be an old man too ! Man.....almost 30 years ago !

Well, maybe not totally old yet, but not a kid either, missed the 70's punk scene, didn't start going to shows and buying records until the summer of 1980, at which time I was 14, though in my mind I thought I was twenty. Now looking at my thirteen year old I realise that I was indeed only 14 and perhaps lucky to have made it to 20. Shocked Some of those like the Ramones Sire button, the Iggy fan club, and the Hot Rods "life on the line" buttons are from before my time that I picked up at some point early on at a swap or used record store.

Quote:
the BOMP pins are cool

Thanks I think so too. I believe there is one more with the exclamation mark not pictured there.

Lets see some other rare ones you guys have.

m_ekOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 - 11:42 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I just recently picked up a few badges and some batteries for my camera so I'll snap some pics if I remember
but the badges are

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food
it's the image of the back cover - the USA in infrared imaging (iirc) with the above words across it
the badge is die-cut thick laminated cardstock so it's in the shape of the US

DEVO - Freedom of Choice album cover
looks like this one

and a rather generic but nice Buzzcocks badge - black and white image of their faces with the band name on it

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2009 - 12:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Dead Boys 8 Track, still in the shrink. Who else has some punk 8-tracks? Like to see what's out there. i assume all the Sire , Warner, CBS etc releases were on 8 track. How about some of the smaller labels like Chiswick, or Stiff? I have Stooges, NY Dolls, Clash & Costello. I hear the X "Under The Big Black Sun" 8 - track commands several hundred dollars.

ManimalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2009 - 08:35 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That is awesome, never bought eight tracks, but my dad had a few mid 70s classic rock eight tracks. That is crazy about the X eight track, must be pretty rare.

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 03:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I have alot of Punk 8-tracks that I bought back when they came out. Don't have the X one,but It's on my want list. If you want to get rid of any of those 8-tracks,Savagebeat,give me a holler.

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 02:06 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I'm not yet ready to depart with them yet, though they serve no function as I haven't had an 8 track player in any form since probably '83.

What are some of the less common ones you have? I saw a few on ebay recently like the Vibrators 'Pure Mania' and one from the Pirates & Eddie & The Hot Rods. I guess they were all on major labels though.

AudioGasoline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 - 09:29 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thought I'd try to breathe some life back into this thread, 'cause this kinda stuff is so damn cool. Here's a couple things I've saved over time:

Membership card for the Young Lions Conspiracy, issued with the Lord High Fixers "Scat Man" 45, 1500 copies made.

Gig poster for a Dee Dee Ramone show in May 2001 about a month after Joey died, at a tiny club in Springfield, OR. It was the 8th Birthday Party for University of Oregon campus radio station 88.1 KWVA. My buddy from The Snukas hand screened these, and only made about 30. He gave me one to put in my shop window, but it went straight into my music collection. Not sure if any more are still around.

Audio Gasoline: High Performance Turntable Fuel

karloffsidekick
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 - 10:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

This 1986 tour poster, from my misspent youth, adorns our music room (formerly the dining room)

RZ

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2013 - 11:16 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Audio G,
I'm not seeing the Dee Dee flyer image, is it just me?
I just started playing with Tumblr (I know, that is so last year) to post some of my crap and to eventually post some of my non vinyl/CD stuff I may want to sell off. I've only posted two things as of yet; a Rezillos press kit and a ticket I found in a record.

http://thesavagebeat.tumblr.com/

Forgive my lame layout, I don't know what I'm doing.

AudioGasoline wrote:
Thought I'd try to breathe some life back into this thread, 'cause this kinda stuff is so damn cool. Here's a couple things I've saved over time:

Membership card for the Young Lions Conspiracy, issued with the Lord High Fixers "Scat Man" 45, 1500 copies made.

Gig poster for a Dee Dee Ramone show in May 2001 about a month after Joey died, at a tiny club in Springfield, OR. It was the 8th Birthday Party for University of Oregon campus radio station 88.1 KWVA. My buddy from The Snukas hand screened these, and only made about 30. He gave me one to put in my shop window, but it went straight into my music collection. Not sure if any more are still around.

Jump to: