The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
earcandyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2006 - 11:37 AM
Level 2
Level 2

So will there be a book? I can't wait.
I'm hooked on this story and want to read more.

Great stories, Ken. Thank you

Ed
Seattle

Reply with quote Back to top
mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: What happened next?  PostPosted: Aug 02, 2007 - 12:13 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I've just discovered this thread, and finished reading these great stories, only to find that the author seems to have just...stopped.

Is there more to this? Does anybody know if he ever published a book of these stories? Rolling Stone magazine is downright stupid for not wanting any of this. It makes for an excellent read.

Just wondering.

George

torehOffline
Post subject: RE: What happened next?  PostPosted: Aug 02, 2007 - 12:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Hi George, Just to let you know that the author is Ken Douglas...and yes...check out his Books on Amazon.com ...I think you'll find some there...... ...toreh

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2007 - 12:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Toreh,

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific. I was wondering if Ken ever published a book of his adventures. The stuff that I found on Amazon seems to be his fiction, with nary a bootleg story to be seen.

Also, it seems like he just disappeared from this site. I was just wondering what happened.

Thanks.

George

sluggoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2007 - 11:35 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Ken`s son was selling off some of the boot discs that Ken gave him from his own collection...
some of these went up on ebay and someone else took offense to it and ratted him out thereby having the auctions pulled.
there was some fingerpointing going on here and a short heated debate ensued...Ken just seemed to get tired of the whole thing fast...his son contacted some of the more eager collectors offlist and continued with a few more auctions held in private..that seemed to be the last we heard from either one..i have clinto Heylin`s bootleg book and it can`t hold a candle to the stories Ken was telling here...
sluggo

deadringerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2007 - 06:50 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Sluggo,

I didn't get ticked off because of the fingerpointing, the arguing or the name calling. I actually kind of like that stuff. Heated and spirited debates are the stuff democracy is made of and I love it. Debates cut short at some moderator's whim, however, do tick me off, as they should anybody who loves free speech.

I remember one time I angered the government in Trinidad because of something I wrote about them freezing foreigners out of jobs there, thus forcing people with much needed skills to leave the country. The paper I was writing for was new and at first afraid to run the story, but in the end they decided speech should be free and ran it. I wound up making temporary enemies of the local weatherman (who was kind of a rah rah govt supporter) and the minister of tourism on account of my story, but at least they didn't try to shut me up. They didn't pull all the papers so people couldn't read my words.

The posts pulled here may have been heated, but they were not obscene, so when they were pulled I quietly left, taking what little wit and less wisdom I have elsewhere, because I don't believe you can have a free exchange of ideas if someone can close off discussion or debate at a whim and if this, or any forum has rules that say you can, than -- well, you get the picture.

Anyway, thanks for the support,

Ken

tomunboundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 02, 2007 - 11:38 AM
Level 2
Level 2

They pulled some of your posts ??? I can't believe that !! Whats wrong with these people ? What country is this ?When/if they erase this , it's only my opinion. They delete you , they're erasing history !! (used to get World Records out of Chapple Hill mid ' 70s, hope they were some of yours !)

vinylundergroundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 02, 2007 - 08:53 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Hi all,

When it came to writing articles at the Guild, Ken had "carte blanche". That is why there is a sticky with his information.

If there were an article or post done by Ken that was deleted, I would like to know of it. We certainly do not delete posts just because we do not necessary agree with the content. There are numerous messages posted to this board to attest to that

We have eliminated posts that posed a legal threat to this organization. I believe Ken would certainly understand our motives in this case. After all, we don't have bags of money to offer in the event of a law suit from anyone.

In any event, we would love to see the return of "deadringer". He is sorely missed.

Jeff

p.s. contact me if there is something to discuss.

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2007 - 10:04 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I second that!! I loved reading the posts that deadringer wrote. It was downright entertaining and informative.

Please post more stories when you can.

Thanks.

George

ericrice0
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2007 - 05:37 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Ha! That Trade Mark of Quality and pig on the Pink Floyd boots I have was yours? I've never been a big collector of bootlegs, just a few that piqued my interest, but that's really cool. (I still like Roger Waters' intro to Run Like Hell on yours ("Do you like our pig? He's not a very nice pig, but he's a BIG PIG!") better than the intro for the live version they released a couple of years ago.

I just found this thread and am working through the great stories. I hope you continue to add your voice. It's informative and entertaining.

Jump to: