The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
plasticmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2012 - 11:21 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

show last week picked up a few wants in trade.Legal Weapon your Weapon with poster sleeve & Sex Pistols SPUNK original

Reply with quote Back to top
savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 - 11:42 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Nice finds!

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2012 - 02:32 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Outcasts - "Just Another Teenage Rebel / Love Is For Sops" on Good Vibrations. This copy is the repress picture sleeve from '79. Still need their first 7"

Old-SoulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2012 - 09:01 AM
Level 3
Level 3

Ramones - Brain Drain LP. Picked it up from a shop down in Calgary that bought all of CBC Alberta's collection (CD's, records...all of it) for a fair price.

Pretty happy, as "I believe in miracles" is one of my favorite Ramones tunes.

And just forget all those days
That dragged on for miles and miles
Leave them all behind

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 02, 2012 - 12:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Ok, my first real "find" in ages:

VKTMS - "Midget" 7" EP on Emergency Room Records from1979.

Found this one in a Wurlitzer Juke Box sitting outdoors at an antique shop. Some other cool records were listed on the juke index, but all the good stuff was gone except this one. It's a bit beat, it looked like it would skip, but plays through nicely. Now I just need a sleeve for it. They had to call the owner of the juke as the records weren't priced as they were inside the machine. $2.00 is what he wanted. Sold.

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 02, 2012 - 03:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

savagebeat wrote:
Ok, my first real "find" in ages:

VKTMS - "Midget" 7" EP on Emergency Room Records from1979.

Found this one in a Wurlitzer Juke Box sitting outdoors at an antique shop. Some other cool records were listed on the juke index, but all the good stuff was gone except this one. It's a bit beat, it looked like it would skip, but plays through nicely. Now I just need a sleeve for it. They had to call the owner of the juke as the records weren't priced as they were inside the machine. $2.00 is what he wanted. Sold.

Now that's what you call 'digging' ! Good find,SB ! Cool

plasticmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2012 - 07:30 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

got the reissue of Iron Cross Skinhead Glory ep in mail yesterday haven't played it yet but packaging is nice.Better grab one while available.I used to own an original long ago but can't afford it nowadays. Have you guys ever noticed that the reissues no matter how "Limited" of these early 80's hardcore/Punk singles Sell Out fast & sometimes rise to prices almost half of what originals would cost you? I used to never buy them but I am starting to buy some of the things from my want list as long as they have original cover artwork etc.. I need Dicks Hate The Police (the only release I don't have of them) thinking of getting the Dangerhouse reissues also.

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2012 - 07:37 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

plasticman wrote:
got the reissue of Iron Cross Skinhead Glory ep in mail yesterday haven't played it yet but packaging is nice.Better grab one while available.I used to own an original long ago but can't afford it nowadays. Have you guys ever noticed that the reissues no matter how "Limited" of these early 80's hardcore/Punk singles Sell Out fast & sometimes rise to prices almost half of what originals would cost you? I used to never buy them but I am starting to buy some of the things from my want list as long as they have original cover artwork etc.. I need Dicks Hate The Police (the only release I don't have of them) thinking of getting the Dangerhouse reissues also.

Yeah,they are reissuing everything these days. Any hard to find early Punk/Hardcore/KBD 45's & lp's are being reissued,and they are mostly very close in looking like the originals.

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2012 - 09:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I was always a little snobbish towards reissues for some reason. But I'm changing my ways. i bought that Dicks "Hate The Police" 7" from 1.2.3.4 Go!. Nice quality re-issue.

savagebeat
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 - 03:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I had a relapse. I spent big money on a "collectable' rarity, even though I had just picked up the quality reisssue of it. I'll get over the sticker shock in a few months I'm sure.

The Normals - "Almost Ready / Hardcore" on Electric Eye Records from 1978.

I was oblivious to the Normals until maybe 12-13 years ago on a trip to New Orleans and a visit to a store there. Real nice girl working there who knew everyone in town and was a long time scenester there was kind enough to make me a copy of the "Your Punk Heratige" CD. That 7" has been on my want list since, but I've never been willing to pony up the cash for it. Until now I guess.

Jump to: