The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deadringerOffline
Post subject: New Post  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2006 - 11:07 AM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I didn't know if I should start a new thread of keep the old one alive. I've decieded on the latter, so I am uploading a new post with the Great White Wonder story on it on the "It Coulda Happened this Way" thread". I am included the cover letter to Rolling Stone (they rejected it).

Because of the format here the record titles and boat names will not be in italics. I've been busy and didn't want to take the time and go through the whole thing and add quotes. Also, I didn't proof it. It's just the way I sent it to Rolling Stone. I hope you don't mind any errors you may find.

Best,

Ken

Reply with quote Back to top
paulsvinylOffline
Post subject: RE: New Post  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2006 - 11:31 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Ken! This rocks!! Keep it coming!

deadringerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2006 - 01:31 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I have another new post on the thread above, if any of you are interested.

Ken

paulsvinylOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2006 - 02:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

That's a loaded question Ken, OF COURSE WE'RE INTERESTED!!!!! Thanks!

deek62Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2006 - 02:58 PM
Level 3
Level 3

Had to read it twice, yet... THX!

paulsvinylOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2006 - 03:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Unreal stuff there. I have some of those Rolling Stones!!!! I can't wait to get back home and dig them out.

deadringerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2006 - 11:55 AM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

My plan with these stories is to turn each post here into 5000 words (most of them are about 2500) and make them each a chapter in the book Im doing. So far I have completed chapters 1 through 8 and chapter 12. I want twenty chapters, which will bring the book in at right about 100,000 words. I figure 10,000 or so will get sliced away in editing, leaving me with about 90,000 words, which is just about right.

Im thinking about doing the last chapter next and working up to it. It worked with Margaret Mitchel, though she did the last chapter first, then wrote her whole book up to that great ending. In my case I wanted to tell the story about me and Dub and the relationship. I also wanted to talk about my relationship with a couple of attorneys, a Westminster, California cop and an FBI agent. I want to include Herbie Howard (a California Bootlegger), the California swap meets, CBM Dave, Andrea, Wizardo and Peter.

I want to end the book with the Boxtop series and how I lost my collection of about 5000 boots, a low point for me, because I was doing very substandard stuff and had given up most of the good work that Id done for hardly any money at all. But this is not the kind of story, I think, that should end on a high point.

And maybe if I end the story like that, with Vesta and I pretty much broke, deep in debt and with an uncertain future, maybe it will entice the reader to look for the next book and our comeback with all those Zep and Beatle records that we did and the CDs and how good friends became bitter enemies and how old enemies became fast friends.

My intention is to post the last chapter on this thread in the next few days, since the people who run this site have so kindly stickied these two threads to the top of this forum. Chapter 13 is going to deal with RAH, Homoginezed Beatles, Reedy River, Ren 1 and 2 and a bootlegging doublecross. Herbie Howard and CBM Dave are going to be included in the two unwritten chapters before 12 (which I now think I should post on my other thread). The cop, the FBI agent and my abortive bust will take up a chapter. And the California swap meets will take up another. Which leaves me four chapters free. I will work in Dr. Tele Phone no matter how I do those four chapters, but I was wondering if there is anything in this time period, between TMoQ and the Boxtops that anybody here thinks belongs in this story that I might have overlooked.

Some people have e-mailed me and reminded me about stuff I had long forgotten and for that Im grateful, but Im sure there is more and Id hate to finish this project, then find Id made a huge omission.

Thanks,

Ken

toreh~Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2006 - 11:06 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Ken,

I'm really looking forward to your next chapter. Hope that you'll be back soon!

Regards,

toreh

deadringerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2006 - 08:56 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Toreh,

Been very tied up, but will be free in a day or so, than I'll be back.

Best to you,

Ken

toreh~Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2006 - 09:57 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ken,

Glad to hear that! Wink Badger

Regards,

toreh