The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Please select your gender
Male
83%
 83%  [ 206 ]
Female
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 247

cityboy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2006 - 11:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

kat1370 wrote:
My 14 year old daughter plays soccer

Laughing
well, kids don't count.

we used to get together in the summer & play some touch football or baseball & could never get more than 1 or 2 of the girls to come out. And we have this restaurant where we all hang out on our bikes in the summer, there are like 150 guys & about 5 girls that ride bikes.
I'm just saying, it's like collecting records, yes, there are a few, but nowhere near the amount of guys.

I'm sure that Terry knows a few women that ride Harleys, but I bet it's like 5%, compared to the guys. Confused

I'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way.

Reply with quote Back to top
AbeatlessnutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2006 - 03:38 PM
Level 5
Level 5

cityboy wrote:
Abeatlessnut wrote:
As Alexander The Great once said "I fear no man but my wife!!

I NEVER said that!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Alex

Laughing Laughing

Your right, you never said that; Neither did Alexander! LMAO!!!

kat1370Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 10:43 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Quote:
well, kids don't count.

How can you say that kids don't count?? They only learn what they're taught.

Years ago, women were taught that their place in the world was different than a man's. That's not so today. Girls are encouraged to be free thinkers and to make their own choices. If they choose a traditional woman's role that's fine. If they want to be an engineer or a race car driver, that's fine too. They don't have to get married and have children. It's a choice.

Not only that but women have been held back by "the man". Too many pig-headed men think that women can't and shouldn't compete with them. We are talked down to and belittled by men that are too insecure in their manhood to accept that someone may be able to do something better than they can. Many times women can do things faster and more efficiently than men. It all boils down to the nature of the species and the desire to be successful.

Take for example a woman as the US President. What makes you think that a woman will mess things up any worse than they are already??? Obviously the men aren't doing that great of a job. There are plenty of countries around the world where women have been elected as leaders. Why is everyone here making such a big deal out of it?? May the best person get the job.

AbeatlessnutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 01:42 PM
Level 5
Level 5

In all seriousness, record collecting would seem to be gender neutral. Do men love music more than woman? I don't think so. I think the real problem is, unless your a single female (call me..ooops wife, that's right!), you ladies do pick up the slack for us guys thus leaving you fewer hours to concentrate on the hobbies you enjoy. I came home last night and my wife told me she wanted to go to a place she had never been before for her vacation this year and ask if I had any ideas. I said "What about the Kitchen??"
Dave

cityboy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 01:46 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

kat1370 wrote:

Years ago, women were taught that their place in the world was different than a man's. That's not so today. Girls are encouraged to be free thinkers and to make their own choices. If they choose a traditional woman's role that's fine. If they want to be an engineer or a race car driver, that's fine too. They don't have to get married and have children. It's a choice.

you're a girl, you don't know what you're talking about!! Laughing

ok, ok, i'm only kidding.

But the thing is that this change started in the late 60s (well it even started earlier, women's right to vote & stuff) but the feminist movement, the bra burning, the revolution happened. SO WHERE ARE YOU WOMEN? why are there not more engineers, race car drivers, record collectors...?? my sister played sports too when she was 14, but what happened after that?? NOTHING!
You girls talk a good game, but what do YOU do about it. Men take what they want. I think it's time women started taking what they wanted & stop making excuses.
Hey, I would love to see a female president, and I agree, I don't think they could mess up the country any more than it already is.
SO DO IT!!

Stop talking about it & do it.

AbeatlessnutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 02:40 PM
Level 5
Level 5

cityboy wrote:
kat1370 wrote:

you're a girl, you don't know what you're talking about!! Laughing

ok, ok, i'm only kidding.

But the thing is that this change started in the late 60s (well it even started earlier, women's right to vote & stuff) but the feminist movement, the bra burning, the revolution happened. SO WHERE ARE YOU WOMEN? why are there not more engineers, race car drivers, record collectors...?? my sister played sports too when she was 14, but what happened after that?? NOTHING!
You girls talk a good game, but what do YOU do about it. Men take what they want. I think it's time women started taking what they wanted & stop making excuses.
Hey, I would love to see a female president, and I agree, I don't think they could mess up the country any more than it already is.
SO DO IT!!

Stop talking about it & do it.

You keep talking like that and your wifes going to stop allowing you to collect records! Now that's the truth!!!
Dave

cityboy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 03:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Confused Confused

AbeatlessnutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 04:06 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Hey cityboy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dave Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Exclamation Badger

cityboy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 04:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I think Dave's drinking again folks?? Confused Laughing

Sorry Dave but that made no sense??

Kat is a girl, and i'm not married??

kat1370Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 06:05 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Yes...unfortunately I think WWII started all that. The men went to war and the women were left behind to take up the slack. They started working in the factories in order to contribute their share to the war effort. They played baseball. They got a taste of a more independent lifestyle. When the men returned (or when they didn't return because they were MIA or killed) the women decided that they shouldn't have to give up their newfound jobs and freedom. And there it all began...

I have a question for you all...
Do you think that women have assumed more of the men's role or have men assumed more of the women's role?? What I mean is are there more female engineers and race car drivers or are there more men that stay home with their kids??

You men must remember that if you want women to assume such roles then you must be willing to pick up the slack at home and with the kids.

As far as record collecting goes...that's the point I was trying to make - music is not gender specific.

Jump to: