The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jackcaptureOffline
Post subject: Dead Wax (Inner Groove) Messages  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 08:59 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I always look for messages in the trail-off and Mikey's post about the inner groove info made me wonder: what's the funniest or most interesting messages you guys have found? I'm trying to think of the ones I've seen...I remember one said, "Eat me".

Reply with quote Back to top
Fantomas No MoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 01:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have one, it's from the Faith No More - We Care A Lot LP - Mordam Label Cat# MDR 1

It reads:

Do Not Drive Or Operate Heavy Equipment While Under The Influence Of...

But that's okay with me,

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Josh UpstartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 01:43 PM
Level 5
Level 5

I've got one that says "What are you looking for...?"

jackcaptureOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 02:41 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I remember the first one I ever saw was on my Stryper "Soldiers Under God's Command" LP (white vinyl!) that I got when I was a teenager. It said, "Join forces with Jesus and be a soldier under God's command!" Rolling Eyes

Mikey
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 04:15 PM
Former Member

I cut a lot of records in the eighties and most inscriptions I wouldn't even remember as they were so cryptic and relevant only to the bands and their hard core fans. The most common one was "PLAY LOUD". The best one was "Why are you reading this?" The longest one was on Jello Biafra's 2LP spoken word album, "No More Cocoons" although I can't remember the inscription. The most memorable for me was "RIP Nico" on the Velvet Underground & Nico album which we released in picture disc and white vinyl just after she died. It astounded me how many VU fans noticed that and wrote letters of appreciation!

I'm glad to have come across others who look for these messages as all these years I thought I was a bit of geek! LOL

jackcaptureOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 04:30 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

We're all geeks around here! Wink

dbzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 06:13 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hey,

I have heard of this phenomenon before, but never thought to look. I am going thru my collection in an effort to locate some of these "too kewl" messages.

dbz

Pbr4n8Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 11:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Here's a few from my collection.
-Blood for Blood- Spit My Last Breath -F*ck the World in trail off
-James Brown- Live and Lowdown at the Apollo: Vol. 1 -can your heart stand it?! on side one trail off and he’s tired but clean! On side two trail off
-Dead Moon- Destination X -Fred Cole- Welcome to the world Hannah Jane! On A side trail off & Fred Cole thank you all for listening on B side trail off
-Fireballs of Freedom- Snow King (7”) -blast it on A side trail off & F.O.F- 4- ever on B side trail off
-The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion- Cyrpt Style! -dedicated to my wife on A side trail off & hey action! On B side trail off
-The Mummies/ Supercharger- Live at Café The Pit’s (Split 7”) -live at the sh*tty Pit’s bar. dedicated to the Foundation… on A side trail off & wuk that weak sh*t…… on B side trail off
-The Rip Offs- Go Away (7”) -you are a winner on A side trail off & Fast Living by Shane White on B side trail off
-The Statics- Sold My Soul (7”) Zack- Zardoz- Zippy on A side trail off & the 3 z’s live on B side trail off
-The Statics- Rat City -Fred Cole- Greg, were hungry etched into a side trail off Fred Cole- Eric and Donnie live! etched on b side trail off
-The Cryin’ Out Louds/ Motards- Split (7”) - AWW… Sh*t a Horse on Cryin’ Out Louds trail off & John Sucks! On Motards trail off

Pbr4n8Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 11:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I love these little messages, and always look for them. I want to see what others you guys come up with.

Fantomas No MoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2003 - 04:12 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have just found another!

Its on (well between 2 records as there is a part of it on each side)

The Mission - Shine Like The Stars LTD Douple Single Coloured Vinyl cat# PGND 003

And Reads:

Side A: It's Taken An Eternity....
Side B: For Me To Find....
Side C: Another Heart....
Side D: That Beats As Mine....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Jump to: