The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Demand for a price bible?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2008 - 06:48 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

JulieJazz wrote:
Speaking of price guides, there is a website that lists lps and 45s and the most recent price they fetĒhed on eBay. I think LPMAN may have posted the link before. I can't find this link on the site, although I may not be looking hard enough! Does anyone know about the link to which I am referring and could some kind soul please post? Cheers.

Sounds like Popsike:

http://www.popsike.com/

Reply with quote Back to top
JulieJazzOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Demand for a price bible?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2008 - 08:36 PM
Level 4
Level 4

That looks like it! Thanks...I will bookmark it this time!

T-BoneOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. goldmine guide  PostPosted: Jan 14, 2008 - 01:08 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

StephenMacLeod wrote:
Too bad the guides would not list how many copies were made of certain records so you would have an idea of rarity.
Some coin collecting books have done this.
Just thought I`d throw it out as a suggestion.

Thatīs an interesting thought! I donīt ever buy to resell so the main things I would like a guide to do is;

Give discographical help
Help identifying different pressings
And give an approximate estimation of rarity (not value)

Even if itīs maybe impossible to ever establish exactly how many copies that were pressed of a certain record it would somehow be possible to grade in terms of rarity, wouldnīt it? Some kind of scale would do just fine!

iamjohnblueOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. goldmine gui  PostPosted: Feb 18, 2008 - 05:47 PM
Level 1
Level 1

are the price guides relevant to insuring your records?

Former Member
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. goldmine gui  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2008 - 05:48 AM

in short, in my opinion.... no.

they are too incorrect, overall.

perhaps that is not a popular view, but it is reality, imhno.

cbenefldOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. goldmine gui  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2008 - 08:14 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Actually, I would say the price guides are fairly relevant to insuring, although I'm not sure if he'll see this since this was one of his 2 posts from 2/18.

They aren't a bad estimate of what it would cost you to try to quickly replace them (i.e. instead of spending a significant portion of your life scouring the earth for deals like most of us).

TheMastermindOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. goldmine  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2008 - 09:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

cbenefld wrote:
Actually, I would say the price guides ...aren't a bad estimate of what it would cost you to try to quickly replace them (i.e. instead of spending a significant portion of your life scouring the earth for deals like most of us).

I don't want to do it again.
Exclamation

troggyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. goldmine  PostPosted: Apr 14, 2008 - 10:48 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

TheMastermind wrote:
cbenefld wrote:
Actually, I would say the price guides ...aren't a bad estimate of what it would cost you to try to quickly replace them (i.e. instead of spending a significant portion of your life scouring the earth for deals like most of us).

I don't want to do it again.
Exclamation

Not that I'd want to lose the records that I already have but, if I can't scour, I wouldn't want to do it again. The hunt is a big part of the fun, for me.

TheMastermindOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. gold  PostPosted: Apr 14, 2008 - 08:59 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I still like to get out there and scour, search and hunt but to do it from scratch would just be impossible and too much to handle.

Former Member
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: actual 45 sales vs. gold  PostPosted: Apr 14, 2008 - 09:51 PM

i disagree.

far too many commons have FAR too high a price.

not realistic for insurance purposes.

i sold a 45 that is listed as $25 for HUNDREDS.

insure that record for 25$?????

not.

i maintain the books are wrong. they are misleading.

they named one of them "goldmine" fer christs sake.

Jump to: