The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpringsteenOffline
Post subject: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune Vinyl  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 05:33 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone. I am new to the record collectors guild. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out to find what my Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune numbered Vinyl is worth. The first 5,000 ever made were numbered and the one that I have is number 817. I just went on eBay to see what the numbered ones were going for and there is one on there that is number 3,076 and going for $225. I am guessing mine may be worth a good amount more than the number 3,076 because it is number 817. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reply with quote Back to top
jimbooOffline
Post subject: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune Vinyl  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 06:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That is what the guy is asking for it on a buy it now and he has just reduced the price. Plus condition etc has to be taken into account.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=Valleys+of+Neptune&incldescr=&sortord=dprice&thumbs=&currsel=

http://www.popsike.com/JIMI-HENDRIX-VALLEYS-OF-NEPTUNE-NEW-NUMBERED-779/160600254324.html

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune Vinyl  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 07:08 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I also like to see prices based upon most recent sales going back in time, LIKE THIS. We are talking about collectibles, and current market trends may reveal better info than sales from a year or two or seven ago. All the prices are in Jim's links, but I've clicked on the word DATE above the prices so that it would rearrange the listing accordingly.

Welcome to RCG, Springsteen.

SpringsteenOffline
Post subject: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune Vinyl  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 09:34 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for helping me out. I think it will continue to increase in worth over the years as long as I keep it sealed. Vinyl seems like a great investment. I think I am going to try to build a great collection of limited edition vinyls for the future.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune Vinyl  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 09:49 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

beware of "instant collectables", your money would be better spent buying originals. remember the cabbage patch dolls and beanie babies?

jimbooOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune V  PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 - 05:18 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
beware of "instant collectables", your money would be better spent buying originals. remember the cabbage patch dolls and beanie babies?

Agree 100%. Vinyl are like books, a half decent 1st edition is a 100 times better than a leather bound re-print, and "limited" editions can be re-issued again, even these days. Here is a collectable I picked up for 1 one ebay. Only 500 of these, first one or two at auction got decent money then the fad had passed.
http://www.45cat.com/record/recorduk152
Now got this little gem cheap

http://www.45cat.com/record/bf1739

ShadySamOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptune V  PostPosted: Apr 23, 2012 - 10:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
beware of "instant collectables"... remember the cabbage patch dolls and beanie babies?

...and let's not forget the Pet Rock (came in a box, remember?), although it's promoter DID make tons of dough... Rolling Eyes

I kinda miss my original Mood Ring- those were kinda kool there for a while...

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptu  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2012 - 08:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

All this taken into consideration, a vinyl copy of this record is still badass....I know I wanted one...and one of the singles as well....

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of Neptu  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2012 - 06:39 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I know we've touched this subject in other threads before now, but what's the criteria for releasing another Jimi Hendrix compilation SUCH AS THESE? No musician has ever been this remarkable and had such a short career as him. All of this couldn't be knew and undiscovered material, and VALLEY OF NEPTUNE is what exception?

Rafter242Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Value of numbered Jimi Hendrix: Valleys of N  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2012 - 07:34 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
I know we've touched this subject in other threads before now, but what's the criteria for releasing another Jimi Hendrix compilation SUCH AS THESE? No musician has ever been this remarkable and had such a short career as him. All of this couldn't be knew and undiscovered material, and VALLEY OF NEPTUNE is what exception?

I knew that he had many posthumous releases, but that list is insane!

Jump to: