The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PuckforbrainsOffline
Post subject: Opening Nights at the Met - LE Set  PostPosted: Jul 12, 2008 - 03:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

So my brother and I are small collectors and he had picked up a bunch of stuff fro ma garage sale - $20 bucks for like 5 crates of records -

After he took what he wanted the gave me the rest - one is a 1966 RCA Victor Red Seal entitled "Opening Nights at the Met" -it is monoaural recordingand has recordings from 1906 thru 1958 - it comes with a piece of the Met curtain - it is number H1507 - aside from minor shelf wear on the box, this set is absolutely mint. It has the be at least 180 gram or 200 gram , these things are like plates - they really are beautiful. I played one side last night and it sounded pretty amazing....

Anyone know where I could find a value on something like this?? I don't know that I want to get rid of it , but everyone has a price, right?

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Opening Nights at the Met - LE Set  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2008 - 10:26 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Probably some nice material on those records, but not really something an opera collector is chomping at the bit to get in his hands.

You may want to watch this one on ebay. I bet it goes unsold. If you do watch it, let us know what happens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150270006174

PuckforbrainsOffline
Post subject: RE: Opening Nights at the Met - LE Set  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2008 - 11:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

How funny...to me anyway, that this one EBay is also a NJ copy..

Nice find - I will watch this one out of sheer curiousity.

Jump to: