The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2009 - 07:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

DICK DALE yesterday 09/09/09 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DSC_3386 copy.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.51 KB
 Viewed:  7283 Time(s)

DSC_3386 copy.JPG

DSC_3376 copy.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.74 KB
 Viewed:  7283 Time(s)

DSC_3376 copy.JPG

Reply with quote Back to top
jackcaptureOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2009 - 08:51 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Oh awesome! How did he sound?

keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2009 - 09:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

how do you spell Terrific Shocked Shocked Shocked

he plays left handed and has his strings upside down, the low E string is on the Bottom and High E string is on top,, its like playing cords upside down!!!!!

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2012 - 11:09 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I'm gonna revive this thread as a place where we can all add our pics of stars either candid or in performance or backstage or wherever. I've thought about this for a long time, and I think it honors keeler for us to just do it. I suppose keeler is still out there somewhere snapping away, and if he reads this he'll probably get a kick out of it. I always enjoyed this thread and didn't post many photos of my own a la keelerphoto, but it's time to do it since keeler has left the building.

I've got plenty of my own that over time I will put up here. But for now, I'm gonna start with some material I've recently received from fellow member, Heidler. I hope that everyone else who has interesting photos will participate as well, and that everyone will feel good about continuing this thread sans keeler.

Here's the first....

------------------------------------------------------------

This is me (Heidler) and the GREAT Tony " Nite Owl " Allen at the DooTo { dooto } Music Center in South Central Los Angeles { 1 }..NOT the Nigerian percussionist of the same name!

Tony did not record for Walter " Dootsie " Williams under his OWN name, but so MANY " moon-lighted " here, { Richard Berry, Chuck Higgins, etc } as well as the stable of artists such as The Penguins { 2 } The Medallions, Don Julian and The Meadowlarks, The Calvanes, The Silks { with Charles McCullough } The Cuff Links { of " Guided Missles " fame } and Redd Foxx { rn: John Elroy Sanford }

It was Tony who took me to meet Jesse Belvin's mother, to the home of the Gunters, and that afternoon, to the home of Johnny Otis, when he still lived in Los Angeles. { 3 }

Tony recorded for some of the GREAT Los Angeles-based indies including Ultra / Aladdin, Dig, Specialty,
Tampa, Ebb, Imperial, Original Sound, Dot, Fabor / Radio, and of course, for the Biharis { an LP was issued: " Rock And Roll With Tony Allen " { Crown 5231 }

NOTES:
{ 1 } I wouldn't ever return to this locale unless I was in a Sherman Tank or an up-grade, but it does show people how things used to be in Watts, before the " hate " set in...I NEVER had any problem at all !

{ 2 } Although many recordings for " Dootsie " were done at Ted Brinson's small studio, HOWEVER, later recordings were done at the " Music Center " { Please.. no cards, letters, stink-bombs, or worse }

{ 3 } My thanks to David of Star-Lite Limousine of Encino, California who snapped this photo...

Hope you enjoy this " rarity " indeed !

2HiedlerDOOTO.jpg
 Description:
Heidler (R) and Tony Allen at dooto
 Filesize:  54.77 KB
 Viewed:  3657 Time(s)

2HiedlerDOOTO.jpg

Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2012 - 11:38 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Here's a few that I took back when I was a pro photog based at Little Rock, Arkansas. I freelanced and loved every minute of it. Each year I would work as a contract photographer for the Arkansas State Fair hired by Peerless Photo and Cranford, Johnson, Robinson, & Woods Advertising Agency, who sent out press releases state-wide during the week-long event. We would convert a big storage closet in the exhibits hall into a darkroom where we developed film and prints immediately after shooting a job. I got to see plenty of great acts at the fair and it was one of my favourite jobs each year.

This photo features back stage after her 1992 concert, (from l. to r.) the State Fair President Johnny Holmes, Kathy Mattea, and Nashville promoter (I can't remember his name, so someone help!).

1992KathyMattea_RCG.jpg
 Description:
Kathy Mattea 1992 Arkansas State Fair
 Filesize:  58.02 KB
 Viewed:  3650 Time(s)

1992KathyMattea_RCG.jpg

Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2012 - 01:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Little Rock had a big riverfront music festival called Rhythm on the River, and they hired me as the official photographer for their first year of production (I moved to Wyoming the next year). I got to photograph the Beach Boys, Tina Turner, Vince Gill, Chris Isaac, and much more besides.

Here's a photo of Chris Isaac in the crowd signing an autograph. It was dusk and getting dark, but his mirror suit reflected a lot of light. His road manager quickly got aggressive with me for taking pics, and when he asked me to stop doing it I just continued taking them. He was only six feet from me in the crowd when he said, "Hey, shutterbug? You speak English? Se habla Espanol? Sprechen zie Deutsche?" His tone was getting louder, so I decided I'd better stop taking pics. A few other media personnel were there at the stage to take pics of the opening of his gig, and we were supposed to be able to photograph during the first two numbers, but Isaac's manager ran everyone out of the pit just two minutes into the show.

1993ChrisIsaac_RCG.jpg
 Description:
Chris Isaac signing an autograph
1993 at Little Rock, Arkansas
 Filesize:  54.53 KB
 Viewed:  3635 Time(s)

1993ChrisIsaac_RCG.jpg

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2012 - 02:00 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Very cool, I like that photo of Chris Isaak.

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2012 - 07:59 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Great pic, too bad about the nazi---

keelerphoto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2012 - 11:14 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Confused Confused Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink Surprised Surprised Surprised Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

BEEN WORKING ON MY BLOG ,,,

GOOGLE SEARCH,,,

VINTAGETOURJACKETS

milton1 (2) copy.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.24 KB
 Viewed:  3099 Time(s)

milton1 (2) copy.JPG

Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2012 - 11:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR