The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, mozart  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 10:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I'm having a bit of a tough time figuring out values for a few discs-
Westminster "silber serie" pws-748 mozart nightmusic 525, symphony 40,500 Boult-weiner snitsell
Alshire asc-813 mozart violin 216,211 tibor varga
Emi-references (pathe?) 1435341 or pm-322 beethoven vio cnrto hubermann szell
the last I can find- it seems that the prices are a bit psycho-
columbia p12-11806 mozart complete piano lili krass vienna 12 records.

any help would be great- thanks-m

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, mozar  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 10:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I don't know the values of these, so you'll have to wait on vinyl1 who knows a lot more than I do anyway! Smile

Bronislaw Huberman didn't make as many recordings as most artists, so that might help your value go up. I would love to hear his rendering of the Beethoven Concerto since I've not ever heard it. I read a review that his live recording from New York is the performance to hear, and it would be especially gratifying to compare both the studio recording with Szell and the live one that can be obtained on CD at the following link:

http://www.qualiton.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=QILTD&Product_Code=ARBITER+RECORDS+115&Category_Code=ARBITERRECORDS

As for the Tibor Varga, he's an awesome violinist that is not known for his Mozart! I guess I should say he is known for renderings of Bela Bartok and Alban Berg, so Mozart is just a little twinkling by comparison. I don't know, so many people like Mozart so much.

Have you listened to these records? Let me know what you think.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, mozar  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 06:38 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi Barrie- you know baby vultures don't listen to records Razz I did a little more homework- the westminster and Bronislaw Hubermann- I found a single copy of each for sale in europe for relatively cheap prices. If I get my turntable out from the growing blob of cardboard and vinyl- I'll try to spin a side or two. Thanks very much for the great insight-m

vinyl1Offline
Post subject: RE: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, mozar  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 07:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I have no prices on any of them.

The Hubermann seems like it is from an 80s reissue series, so maybe only mild interest. The Tibor Varga seems most likely to sell decently, but you just never know with these things.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, mozar  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 07:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thanks again Vinyl1-m

annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, mozar  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 11:19 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

elvisluvs wrote:
...the last I can find- it seems that the prices are a bit psycho-
columbia p12-11806 mozart complete piano lili krass vienna 12 records.
This set is a 1973 Columbia Special Products issue. I have only two LPs from this set, P 11815 (K.414, K.459) and P 11818 (K.450, K.451), in 'regular' "hard" covers. Lili Kraus with The Vienna Festival Orchestra cond. by Stephen Simon.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, m  PostPosted: Oct 08, 2008 - 11:01 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi Annaloog- I zoned on the "special products" label. Much appreciated -m

otterhouseOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Value help needed- varga, huberman(n), lili kraus, m  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2008 - 10:00 AM
Level 3
Level 3

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
I
Bronislaw Huberman didn't make as many recordings as most artists, so that might help your value go up. I would love to hear his rendering of the Beethoven Concerto since

Well, here's an other Bronislaw. The slow movement is the highlite of the lp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1SbIvLQLCo

Greetings,
Rolf

Jump to: