The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bill scogginsOffline
Post subject: help with John Cage-Interdeterminacy LP  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2009 - 07:44 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Can anyone help me identify this John Cage LP. It is Indeterminacy on Folkways records FT 3074. This cover looks homemade and I wonder if this is an original or something someone made for themselves? Someone told me this was originally issued as a 2 record set.

Pict0093.1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.95 KB
 Viewed:  165 Time(s)

Pict0093.1.jpg

She don't need no crutch."

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: help with John Cage-Interdeterminacy LP  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2009 - 09:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

There are big John Cage fans out there. So there's a wealth of info about him. Here's the definitive source at the following link:

http://www.johncage.info/

About your record.......It appears that you do have a home made cover. You can see the original cover at that webiste by going to the Discography and then in the left side bar you'll see a place to find an alphabetical listing of his works. Click that link and you'll find INDETERMINACY.

That record was recorded in mono and published in 1959 by Folkways on FT 3704 as a two LP set.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: