The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chkm8k2Offline
Post subject: Interested in GOOD record cataloging software  PostPosted: Feb 01, 2009 - 03:48 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there----new to the forum but wondering about GOOD record cataloging software that may be out there. Has anyone used anything that they really like? Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: Interested in GOOD record cataloging software  PostPosted: Feb 01, 2009 - 07:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Welcome to RCG, chkm8k2.

I think many members use Excel, but some use other software. This question comes up frequently and did so most recently. YOu may want to search the Questions and Answers forum for the topic. And someone else may respond with other answers.

B_big.Offline
1 Post subject: Record cataloging  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2009 - 02:54 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool
    First of all, a Welcome to our forum! I know, there are commercial application for building up a record cataloge, but I've never used one. If you are interested in another option, here's what I do, and of course some more collector fellows as well! Maybe this is an interesting option for you too. The advantage is, that you can create it yourself, and modify it according to your needs.
    Wink

the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Global_Dog_ProductionsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Interested in GOOD record cataloging software  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2009 - 03:24 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
Welcome to RCG, chkm8k2.

I think many members use Excel, but some use other software. This question comes up frequently and did so most recently. YOu may want to search the Questions and Answers forum for the topic. And someone else may respond with other answers.

Please look before you ask

austrian_zeppelinOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Interested in GOOD record cataloging software  PostPosted: Feb 11, 2009 - 05:13 PM
Level 2
Level 2

if you understand german there is an online solution that's free of charge.

www.musik-sammler.de

i use it until i stumble across something better. the great thing is that is online and there is also a mobile version, so no more guessing when standing at the record shop trying to remember what you got....

Eastern GemsOffline
Post subject: Re: Interested in GOOD record cataloging software  PostPosted: Jul 19, 2009 - 03:32 PM
Level 5
Level 5

chkm8k2 wrote:
Hi there----new to the forum but wondering about GOOD record cataloging software that may be out there. Has anyone used anything that they really like?

I'm a software junkie and spend much time looking for programs which I could consider to be the best in their own category and use.

While speaking about record cataloging software I had tried dozens of programs of this type before I made my choice: CATraxx!

It costs USD 39.95 but it's worth it.

A short description: CATraxx is a powerful music collector database program for Windows which will help you catalog a music collection of any kind, from vinyl records to CDs to MP3s. Automatically download CD data from the Internet, or scan your hard drive for audio files. A comprehensive set a data fields enables you to keep track of a wide range of information. With CATraxx, you are in total control of your music collection.

travis6mullenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2011 - 12:57 AM
Level 1
Level 1

BG CD Manager is a good cataloging software. download it without any charges and use its advanced features. It is very user friendly and easily removable.

Jump to: