The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2009 - 08:14 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

fromphilly,

Thanks for the informative and detailed reviews.

I'm sorry to say I have no Small Faces in my collection. Embarassed I've got a couple by "Faces", but not the earlier records. I never see them while crate digging. Evil or Very Mad

Reply with quote Back to top
TheMastermindOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2009 - 10:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

dillon wrote:
mastermind, you got any aussie decca? im interested to see the difference between the two.

Only UK Decca, which I scored from our very own Cococrisp.

I do have an Oz Immediate of Lazy Sunday though.

That said Oz and UK Decca look much the same. Although the company sleeves in the unboxed logo period were fairly different.

scratugliaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2009 - 02:37 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Some of the alternate versions found on the French EP's ended up on the CD's released by London.

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2009 - 09:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Thanks, fromphilly! I am certainly enjoying my Ogdens Nut Gone Flake and want the other records! I need those UK Decca releases. LOVE THE BAND!

Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2009 - 08:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I just passed up the chance to buy a German copy of that ''second'' album with the title Musik fur Alle. I like German pressings, but I just don't know about the values of these. I could have paid $53 for a nice record. Didn't wanna impulse buy into this, though. Maybe that was a mistake.

prancinghorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2009 - 11:55 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
I just passed up the chance to buy a German copy of that ''second'' album with the title Musik fur Alle. I like German pressings, but I just don't know about the values of these. I could have paid $53 for a nice record. Didn't wanna impulse buy into this, though. Maybe that was a mistake.

This is about "list price" for Musik für Alle Decca ND153 from 1966

Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2009 - 08:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Thanks for the heads up. I'm o.k. waiting for a lower priced copy.

Since country of band origin is usually the way to go, why am I so concerned with getting German made copies? I trust they will sound outstanding. So does anyone know how it compares to the UK Decca? It probably isn't any less or more in quality, and I don't know why I'm worried about it. The price, however, is much less for the German record!! And I find that German records are as good or better than their Japanese equivalents, too, which, as we all know, price higher than German records.

KimmoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2009 - 12:45 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Quote:

Since country of band origin is usually the way to go, why am I so concerned with getting German made copies? I trust they will sound outstanding. So does anyone know how it compares to the UK Decca? It probably isn't any less or more in quality, and I don't know why I'm worried about it. The price, however, is much less for the German record!! And I find that German records are as good or better than their Japanese equivalents, too, which, as we all know, price higher than German records.

i do have a debut UK on Decca, as well the german " Musik For Alle" you talked about ... the sounds are, as you think, equally great on both - at least to my ears both have good sound quality. So either you come around german copy or UK Decca, i would say you can pick it without worries, when price is otherwise suitable for you!

Small Faces on Decca, UK or german, go for it! Very Happy

prancinghorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2009 - 01:33 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I agree with Kimmo - sound quality is equally good on both so a German copy is the obvious choice as UK copies double the required investment.

Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2009 - 09:09 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I certainly wouldn't pass on an affordable UK Decca, but I think I'll put it out to the universe that I'm lookin' for German copies. WOOHOO!

Jump to: