The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
myleneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2009 - 11:25 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

In Australia the first Immediate album came out on Stateside. Here's the mono

Reply with quote Back to top
myleneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2009 - 11:29 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Here's the first Australian pressing of Ogdens' distributed by EMI and a later pressing distributed by Festival

fromphilly1247Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2009 - 09:52 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Mylene: Thanks for the pix. Great to see some additional variations. Love that Stateside label.

Annaloog: Thanks for the link. Very informative.

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/markoneill1968

nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2009 - 04:29 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

FROMPHILLY

Thanks for the "article" on the Faces' Immediate years. "Here Come The Nice" and "Itchykoo Park" -the latter the only Faces track I recall ever hearing on WARM or WILK in Wyoming Vallety in the '60s- remain gems from the time.

Probably the most satisfying part of the price guides that I did was that I was able to write brief captions beneath the photos of records, many of them chosen because they were faves of mine. Receiving a letter or hearing at a con that my opinion had made someone go back and dig up a copy of THE ARK or TRIANGLE and dicover how fine a record it was -had always been- made me feel great!

So, Phhilly, write some more on your faveraves of the '60s.

NEAL

fromphilly1247Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2009 - 04:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

nealumphred wrote:
FROMPHILLY

Thanks for the "article" on the Faces' Immediate years. "Here Come The Nice" and "Itchykoo Park" -the latter the only Faces track I recall ever hearing on WARM or WILK in Wyoming Vallety in the '60s- remain gems from the time.

Probably the most satisfying part of the price guides that I did was that I was able to write brief captions beneath the photos of records, many of them chosen because they were faves of mine. Receiving a letter or hearing at a con that my opinion had made someone go back and dig up a copy of THE ARK or TRIANGLE and dicover how fine a record it was -had always been- made me feel great!

So, Phhilly, write some more on your faveraves of the '60s.

NEAL

Thanks, Neal. It's a real shame that these guys were saddled with the dreaded one-hit wonder label in the States. They really deserved better than that. As a kid, I was well acquainted with both Humble Pie and the later version of Faces thanks to my brother's record collection. My first experience with the original Small Faces came by picking up a well worn copy of "There Are But Four Small Faces" at a local yard sale many years ago. I was hooked after that and remain so to this day.

I'll also tell you that it was due to the mini-review in one of your guides that I discovered the Triangle lp. Not to veer too far off topic, but what a great suggestion. That's an album I never get tired of listening to. Another criminally underrated album. Now about that Jelly Bean Bandits lp.....really????

nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2009 - 05:05 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

FROMPHILLY

ITCHYKOO PARK was a stunning single to hear on the radio back then. While I was still a teen and years away from psychedelics, I sorta knew what they were singing about: "It's all too beautiful. . ."

Hokay. . . just what did I say about the legendary JBB's album?

NEAL

PS: If Ibanez plays the rest of the season at half the level he has achieved thus far, I will stand corrected in my belief that the Phils were better off with Burrell. . .

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2009 - 12:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I recently passed on the opportunity to get both the first two albums on CD put out by a Japanese label. I think they were $15 bucks a piece on ebay and they didn't sell to anyone. I was thinking about getting them 'cause the LP's are pricey and I could AT LEAST hear the music. OH WELL.

I have a question about the inner sleeve of Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake. WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE FOR THIS RECORD IN ALL PRESSINGS?

I posted a request in the Suggestions Forum about having a forum devoted to inner sleeves and inserts. It got some good feedback and then what I thought was some goofy confusion comments. I still think we need a specific place for that topic. I LOVE INNER SLEEVES AND INSERTS! Posters, rolling papers, and stickers are just a few things we get inside cool albums.

SO TELL ME ABOUT THE INNER SLEEVE ON OGDENS', PLEASE! Is there nothing round protecting the vinyl other than the cover?

THANKS!

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2009 - 01:53 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

have you seen that ancient UK b&w club clip of "Itchykoo Park"? kinda fun...

fromphilly1247Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2009 - 08:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:

SO TELL ME ABOUT THE INNER SLEEVE ON OGDENS', PLEASE! Is there nothing round protecting the vinyl other than the cover?

THANKS!

My US copy had a clear plastic U-shaped innersleeve which a lot of companies used in the 60's. I'm not sure about the UK pressing. My UK copy had a standard white sleeve but I'm not sure if that was the original. There were no lyric inserts, etc that I'm aware of.

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 12:46 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

So on to the record labels if you can help me here. I have the Ogdens' record with white Nems label as you know. It is a USA issue with round cover. In my copy of the book The Record Label Guide for Domestic LP's (USA) by Joe Lindsay he shows only one label with the description that it is pink. I know that there are some omissions in the book whether accidental or whatever. And you show UK labels as lilac and pink. Were there any white labels in UK? Were there any lilac labels in USA?

Jump to: