The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
scratugliaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 01:04 AM
Level 5
Level 5

I have an English copy of Ogden's and it had no inserts. There's a book out about Immediate but it's got errors in it. Back in the 70's the fanzine Rock Marketplace (run by the late Alan Betrock) had info on the different colors of Immediate LP labels. I'll hafta find it.

Reply with quote Back to top
fromphilly1247Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 08:05 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
So on to the record labels if you can help me here. I have the Ogdens' record with white Nems label as you know. It is a USA issue with round cover. In my copy of the book The Record Label Guide for Domestic LP's (USA) by Joe Lindsay he shows only one label with the description that it is pink. I know that there are some omissions in the book whether accidental or whatever. And you show UK labels as lilac and pink. Were there any white labels in UK? Were there any lilac labels in USA?

The copy you have is a UK issue from the 70's. Immediate was distributed by CBS in the US from mid 1967 through 1969 and as far as I'm aware only used one label design which was pink with black lettering.

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/markoneill1968

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 08:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

What am I, some kinda dink? Embarassed What a nut case I am. I haven't played the record since before my last tour and I think I did it one day when it was 20 below zero!

That explains why the Lindsay book only shows one label for Immediate in USA. T'anks!

fromphilly1247Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 09:09 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

fromphilly1247 wrote:
Immediate was distributed by CBS in the US from mid 1967 through 1969 and as far as I'm aware only used one label design which was pink with black lettering.

I need to make a correction to this......Humble Pie's first lp was released in the US by Immediate although it was distributed independently. This label had a multi-color design. I'm not sure if there were anymore titles released with this label.

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/markoneill1968

annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Ogden's Nut Gone Flake  PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 11:09 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

fromphilly1247 wrote:
... The copy you have is a UK issue from the 70's. Immediate was distributed by CBS in the US from mid 1967 through 1969 and as far as I'm aware only used one label design which was pink with black lettering.
Acc. to my DB info., Ogden's Nut Gone Flake was reissued ca. late 1970s?-early 1980s? as Immediate IML-2001 by the company Creative Sounds, which either acquired or leased the Immediate catalog at this time. I paid $1 for my (sealed) cutout copy at a local Woolworth in Aug. 1985 ... I recall being somewhat disappointed that it was issued in standard (square) cover. Unfortunately I don't have it handy to report label details. On a side note, I managed to locate 2 copies of Immediate IML-2003, Greatest Hits by The Nice, a couple years previously.

scratugliaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2009 - 12:58 AM
Level 5
Level 5

I think Immediate reissued the third Nice LP when it went independent along with Humble Pie's debut. The LP was retitled As Nice As Mother Makes It I believe.

KimmoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2009 - 05:23 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Quote:

... The copy you have is a UK issue from the 70's. Immediate was distributed by CBS in the US from mid 1967 through 1969 and as far as I'm aware only used one label design which was pink with black lettering.
Acc. to my DB info., Ogden's Nut Gone Flake was reissued ca. late 1970s?-early 1980s? as Immediate IML-2001 by the company Creative Sounds, which either acquired or leased the Immediate catalog at this time. I paid $1 for my (sealed) cutout copy at a local Woolworth in Aug. 1985 ... I recall being somewhat disappointed that it was issued in standard (square) cover. Unfortunately I don't have it handy to report label details. On a side note, I managed to locate 2 copies of Immediate IML-2003, Greatest Hits by The Nice, a couple years previously.

just to add a few lines about " Odgens" releases, i have a round cover UK re-issue on Immediate NEMS, i think it was release in -76 ... black print on white label ...

weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2009 - 08:18 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Kimmo, that's the issue I have, too. I was mistaken that mine is a US release.

I also have some of The Nice on US issue pink label.

Jump to: