The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ewingtonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 22, 2010 - 11:05 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Rodeo Records sleeve & label known mainly for Hillbilly , early country with a LOT of yodelling cowboys.

RODEO RECORDS Label 1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.96 KB
 Viewed:  12354 Time(s)

RODEO RECORDS Label 1.JPG

RODEO RECORDS 78 slleve.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.82 KB
 Viewed:  12354 Time(s)

RODEO RECORDS  78 slleve.JPG

Reply with quote Back to top
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 07:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Not a 78 sleeve, but closely related - a cool bag to carry them home from the store in. I've been using this one for decades to carry groceries; I just filled it up with some lovely Granny Smith's yesterday at the market. Haha, no, just kidding, that's ridiculous (I can't stand Granny Smith's). Note to moderators, not that I know anything can be done about it - I used to find this thread by using the search feature and typing in "78 sleeve", and that no longer works. In fact, even typing in the whole title here, "78 RPM Sleeves" doesn't return this location in Search. I know the thread has been moved to this Sleeve-ography, but if there's a way to find it easily than there won't end up being a bunch of new "78 Sleeve" threads all over the place.

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 05:59 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Very cool! Never seen anything like that before. It's amazing that the bag survived all these years. I'm jealous!

Thanks for posting!

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 06:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

mackdaddyg wrote:
It's amazing that the bag survived all these years.

The way it works with me, it's fairly amazing that it survived for more than a half-century, but particularly amazing that it's managed to hang on through the couple of years that I've owned it. I wonder if the "kids today" have any idea what a "permanent" is, or hair curlers (let alone a phonograph needle).

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 - 10:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I pick up record bags when I find them - not a lot of them have survived. One was from Dorothy's Record Shop in Janesville, Wisconsin - it doesn't get much more "mom 'n' pop" than that! Another I got at an estate sale - naturally, the woman running the sale couldn't just "throw it in", but it was nice to score something for a buck which would've otherwise been thrown away (it was from a store in Madison, allegedly "Wisconsin's Largest Record Supplier"...sure, where is it NOW?!?)

Jump to: