The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheMastermindOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a joke.  PostPosted: Aug 09, 2011 - 07:51 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

barbiedollspimp wrote:
As a rapper, maybe. He was VERY popular, but amongst hip hop heads, he was never really considered one of the "best" MCs.

That's it really. He sold records but never got much attention from the scene. It would have been a risky choice for me to drop a 'Pac song at a gig back in the day. Biggie had far more cred.

barbiedollspimp wrote:
tupac had so much emotion in his songs, so much soul. you could really feel the honesty in what he said, even if it was sometimes hypocritical

The problem with the hypocricy was it made the emotion hard to take at face value.

The fact that he became famous when he's dead and he lead a film worthy life, don't make him a great MC. I wouldn't rate him in my top 50, I don't think. Hell, Shock G was better than him any day.

Reply with quote Back to top
barbiedollspimpOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a joke.  PostPosted: Aug 09, 2011 - 09:18 PM
Level 5
Level 5

TheMastermind wrote:
barbiedollspimp wrote:
As a rapper, maybe. He was VERY popular, but amongst hip hop heads, he was never really considered one of the "best" MCs.

That's it really. He sold records but never got much attention from the scene. It would have been a risky choice for me to drop a 'Pac song at a gig back in the day. Biggie had far more cred.

barbiedollspimp wrote:
tupac had so much emotion in his songs, so much soul. you could really feel the honesty in what he said, even if it was sometimes hypocritical

The problem with the hypocricy was it made the emotion hard to take at face value.

The fact that he became famous when he's dead and he lead a film worthy life, don't make him a great MC. I wouldn't rate him in my top 50, I don't think. Hell, Shock G was better than him any day.

He was famous way before his death. He was the all time best selling rapper before he died. To each his own tho.

foughtfairOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a jok  PostPosted: Aug 21, 2011 - 11:38 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Eyedea.(RIP)

bommierockOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a jok  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 - 03:58 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Kool Moe Dee should rate a mention

Leon

Jump to: