The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
karloffsidekick
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do You Remember When?  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 03:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RidinTheWind wrote:
The local PBS TV station the other day had a documentary program on a small town in PA. They covered some of the stores and one of them had ............. and do you remember?

BlackJack chewing gum and Bonomo Turkish Taffy

Both of which you can still buy:

http://www.bonomoturkishtaffy.com

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/black-jack-gum.htm

Enjoy!

RZ

Reply with quote Back to top
RidinTheWind
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do You Remember When?  PostPosted: May 07, 2014 - 03:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I recall back in the 90's, BlackJack and Beeman's gum being revived and sold in Murphy's 5 & 10.

Thanks for the links. It's good to know that some of the old stuff from when I was a kid still survives.

RidinTheWind
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do You Remember When?  PostPosted: May 27, 2014 - 11:54 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Remember the playsets from when you were a kid? I think they were made by Marx and had such names as Operation Moonbase, Cape Canaveril, Fort Apache, and Battleground.

I had the Cape Canaveril one and a friend had Battleground. What brought this up is that I ran into the latter one at the thrift store. It had the American and German soldiers and the American vehicles. It was missing the box, the German tanks and scenery, but the nostalgia hit me, so I bought it.

This set had something that you didn't see in other military toys and sets. Do you remember what it was?

RidinTheWind
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do You Remember When?  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2014 - 12:53 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

This was the only military set, to the best of my knowledge, that had dead and wounded soldiers in addition to the usual poses.

OK, here's another one. Do you remember some of the myths that circulated when you were a kid? Like that if you put a nail in a bottle of Pepsi, the nail would dissolve.

Jump to: