The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vinyl_vibeOffline
Post subject: Preventing Storage Warp  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2009 - 02:02 PM
Level 4
Level 4

What do you do if you don't have enough records to fill a shelf (besides buying more records)? My concern is that if they're not all kept perfectly upright some warping will occur. On the other had I'm not sure having something up against them is the best thing either. Any advice?

Reply with quote Back to top
greyhoundOffline
Post subject: RE: Preventing Storage Warp  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2009 - 04:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I store mine in a variety of ways, shelves, crates, plastic tubs, and can't say that I've ever had a record warp as a result of the way they are stored. Of Course, I haven't played all of them so I can't be certain, but I don't worry about it.

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2009 - 04:16 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

To fit more per shelf, I store my 45s stacked on top of each other; I believe there's less of a chance of warping this way.

IMG_2230.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.18 KB
 Viewed:  569 Time(s)

IMG_2230.JPG

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2009 - 02:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

You can put a bookend against them but pad it with cardboard to protect the records. I've done this with my 45's.

Also, you could just lay some stacked flat books against them with the spines aligned.

I think warping most likely occurs when there is much pressure put against a record leaning against a non-flat surface. Some of my LP's are in crates that are not full with some leaning at a slight angle so that they all do not tip forward. There is VERY little weight pressing against them so nothing warps. Also, it helps by the fact that they are taken out to play so that they do not sit this way for very extended periods of time.

AliceTwistsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2009 - 01:16 PM
Level 1
Level 1

i would not be able to store them that way. I love to organize and buy special boxes for them.

Jump to: