The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
estorer.comOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Cataloging Software  PostPosted: May 19, 2011 - 04:32 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Being a developer, I built a website to help me sell part of my collection in the internet music marketplaces.
So I use this website to catalog my collection Wink

www.estorer.com

Reply with quote Back to top
djaeonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 10:25 AM
Level 2
Level 2

retro-spectacle wrote:
I've scanned through this thread real quickly, has nobody mentioned collectoz.com's Music Collector software? It costs a few bucks but, hands down, it's the best available cataloging software available! Buy it! www.collectorz.com/music/

Collectoz is the best that I've used as well.

ultimixOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 - 05:39 PM
Level 3
Level 3

Looks like it has been a while since anyone has posted on here. I am hoping to the best Database for inputting my LP / 45 collection. It seems that a lot of the ones listed are really geared towards CDs etc. Which one is the best for a LP / 45 collection? Or should I just stick with an excel file of my own.

thanks with any input

Mark

Rafter242Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 - 06:32 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Yes, Excel or Access file is probably the best. Fully customizable and exportable to mobile devices. You can also make it as small or large as you want (info wise).
Custom sorting and reports. I have used several programs over the years and always end up back with the above. Currently with Access that I export as Excel to my phone and tablet for digging.

maslikoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Cataloging Software  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2012 - 07:57 PM
Level 3
Level 3

I use CATraxx,I think its fantastic! for my purpose's.

VinylNostalgiaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Cataloging Software  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2012 - 03:05 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I use Collectorz.com Music Collector software to archive my record collection. They don't actually have software for the 45 rpm record collector, but I'm able to utilize the record album section to my benefit.

fatjudOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Cataloging Software  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2012 - 07:36 PM
Level 4
Level 4

I use collectoz.com's Music Collector software, you can add photos of the albums you can ad music tracks if you have them on your computer, it cost $29.95 for the basic version and that's what i use and have had no problems at all with it.

savagebeat
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Cataloging Software  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2013 - 01:10 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

it's been 3 years since I posted in this thread about CATraxx. I now have 5,400 vinyl entries in my database and 25,500 tracks listed as well as 5,588 artists listed. There is no way I would have time to enter all that info in my lifetime if it wasn't for the ability to sync with Discogs. So yes I am happy with this software and it works flawlessly. The nice thing to is that as Discogs gets better and more complete, I am able to go back through my LPs and 45s and run an update on individual releases that I didn't get detailed info or cover art the first time around. Still a lot of work as I still come across records that haven't been entered, but as of the 1st of this year I have added about 70 releases, some new purchases and some that were already in my collection and on almost everyone I was able to add the info via Discogs and a few mouse clicks.

lucianOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Cataloging Software  PostPosted: Jun 02, 2013 - 08:24 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I saw a post mentioning OrangeCD, It's what I'm using and so far pretty satisfied with it. I prefer to input all the details myself rather than importing from Discogs or anything though, it allows me to learn more about the record in the process, plus it would just bother me if I didn't do it myself. Luckily I've started my cataloging before amassing hundreds of LP's.

mayerrOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 - 10:56 AM
Level 3
Level 3

Have tried various however nothing comes remotely close to Novocat. Even bought software to catalogue books, CDs and LPs with a barcode reader but found myself always ensuring there was quality assurance built in as it was more erroneous than not half the time.

Try it... www.novocat.com !

Jump to: