The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WingsfanOffline
Post subject: Coolest Beatles or Beatles related disc in your collection?  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2010 - 12:51 AM
Level 3
Level 3

What is the coolest or most unusual disc you have in your Beatles collection?

Mine would probably be my copy of Back to the Egg, signed by Laurence Juber. Or my copy of McGear, signed by Mike McCartney. Both autographs were gotten when I met them (at different times) and so that makes them special--I didnt just buy them someplace. And they are signed to me Smile

Let's hear or see yours!

Reply with quote Back to top
serviOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2010 - 08:31 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Once I had Laurence Juber sign a Wings bootleg CD called "Eggs up" (Back to the egg outtakes). He was really surprised when he saw it. I think almost every Beatlesfan has his autograph because the man was a guest at many many Beatles conventions (though not as much as Tony Sheridan;hey it's harder to find a copy of My Bonnie without the man's signature than it is to find one that's signed).
Well Wingsfan, since you are obviously a Wings fan: my most unusual Wings records are a Wings Wild Life LP pressed in Egypt with a unique MPL label, a Jet single from Barbados and the single "The Man/through our love" issued only in Peru and nowhere else. Concerning Beatles, there is too much to sum up here Smile

serviOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2010 - 08:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

.wildlife. Bought it via Ebay about a year ago.

mccartney egypt speed of sound.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.35 KB
 Viewed:  920 Time(s)

mccartney egypt speed of sound.JPG

Ernie11Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2010 - 03:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have a U.S. copy of Paul's "Press to Play" on vinyl, which, when held up to a light, is a translucent amber brown color. It has embossed gold promo markings in the upper left corner on the cover. I have searched high and low for many years, looking at every "Press to Play" LP I come across, but every one of them has been the normal plain black opaque vinyl.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2010 - 10:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

A couple years ago I found a Capitol reissue of the 45 "Live And Let Die" for 50 cents - what's neat is that the B-side has no text printed on the label, just the blank Capitol/MPL label. I would've thought quality control would've been a little tighter on Paul's releases.
More of my faves: the promo copy of "Penny Lane" (with the extra trumpet ending), the promo copy of the 1984 reissue of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (with one side in stereo - the first time on a 45) which did NOT cost me a premium price (probably because the promo markings were so subtle, the dealer overlooked them), and the mystery Damon acetate of the Beatles' last interview in Miami (the material was actually released, in cleaner audio, as "Farewell To Miami"; my recording's almost like a radio station interview via phone).

Lessa99Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2010 - 10:57 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I wish I had some really cool Beatles or related stuff!
Bout the coolest I have is a white label promo of McCartney II and a still sealed Traveling Wilburys album...
Im always working on my Beatles stuff though! Someday Ill find some good stuff, Im sure of it!

Another one's despair
Remember in this game we call life
That no one said it's fair- "Breakdown- W.Axl Rose"

BinauralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2010 - 01:06 PM
Level 4
Level 4

This is the most unusual record in my Beatles collection. I bought this for one dollar at a garage sale a couple years ago.

Orange MMT (Custom).jpg
 Description:
MMT - Orange Vinyl, "First" label
 Filesize:  40.23 KB
 Viewed:  866 Time(s)

Orange MMT (Custom).jpg

annaloogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2010 - 10:57 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I have a copy of the one-sided so-called "test pressing"* of US Apple 1818, John Ono Lennon's "Instant Karma (We All Shine On)", which I found for 10c in a local Salvation Army store some 35 years ago. Condition is only "fair"-"poor", though.

Not really "cool", but perhaps worth a mention (as I've never seen it mentioned elsewhere), is an Australian-origin pirate 12-inch LP, Best of Beatles (Zani TEP 514-673). Based on listening, the sides appear to have been mastered from a vinyl source.

-------------------------
* The flipside label is plain black, and features a 'silent' groove instead of Yoko's "Who Has Seen The Wind". I don't know how many of these were pressed, but apparently they are numerous enough to garner listings in Neal Umphred's Goldmine's Rock'n Roll 45 RPM Record Guide and subsequent Goldmine guides.

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 - 11:41 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Prolly a Skando EP from the HDN era--(where was it: Norway? I gotta dig it out).
My most valuable is a NM/NM mono MMT.

maccahunterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 - 04:08 PM
Level 3
Level 3

I have over 100 Beatles LP's and just about the same amount of singles and EP's but I think my coolest item is the original pressing of the Danish only album "Hottest hits". It is only in VG condition, but plays without jumps. I found it at a record fair and I don't think the seller knew just what he was sellingh as it cost me about 25$

Cheers

Maccahunter

Jump to: