The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 - 08:24 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

recordfan, we're fortunate to have you as our B&G historian, although i have most of their records i never realized they had so many different versions/labels, i still need to play my on trial to see which version it is.

Reply with quote Back to top
FredCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2010 - 07:49 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

recordfan wrote:
Mine's a near mint promo, but I have had at least one regular issue of it. But... Is Fred's styrene or vinyl?

Yes, it's styrene, but it still plays ok.

Fred Clemens

bobnutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2010 - 08:00 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Anyone heard of Dickie Goodman's "Ben Crazy" on Diamond records?

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2010 - 11:58 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

yes i have that, it's not one of my fav B&G records.

FredCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 - 10:27 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Here's a record I'm really surprised Recordfan hasn't posted here (I just know he has a copy!). Released in February, 1961, this break-in was issued as a one sided promotional-only item to promote the Innocents latest recording of "Kathy". An ad for the recent Indigo sides appeared in Billboard Magazine the first week in March, 1961, plugging Kathy's "Happy Birthday Blues", the Innocents "Kathy", including an offer for DJ's and distributors for this promotional disc. The Innocents had recently made this available as a bonus track on a new cd of theirs via their website.

BTW, dating for this record comes from the Monarch pressing number (delta number, an etched triangle followed by 5 numbers) found in the dead wax. "Kathy" used 38249. The Washer Windshield disc used 38265. The disc also was accompanied with a special sleeve. Here's a direct link to it from the current John Tefteller auction (minimum bid $500.00!!!): http://tefteller.com/html/current_auction/07_15_10_auction/pix/P6178015.jpg

(yes, Recordfan probably has that too...)

In case you've never heard it (and you would like to), I posted it to YouTube earlier this morning...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSqrvxYrzg

Fred Clemens

WasherWindshield480.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.36 KB
 Viewed:  135 Time(s)

WasherWindshield480.jpg

recordfan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 - 03:26 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

FredC wrote:
Here's a record I'm really surprised Recordfan hasn't posted here (I just know he has a copy!). Released in February, 1961, this break-in was issued as a one sided promotional-only item to promote the Innocents latest recording of "Kathy". An ad for the recent Indigo sides appeared in Billboard Magazine the first week in March, 1961, plugging Kathy's "Happy Birthday Blues", the Innocents "Kathy", including an offer for DJ's and distributors for this promotional disc. The Innocents had recently made this available as a bonus track on a new cd of theirs via their website.

BTW, dating for this record comes from the Monarch pressing number (delta number, an etched triangle followed by 5 numbers) found in the dead wax. "Kathy" used 38249. The Washer Windshield disc used 38265. The disc also was accompanied with a special sleeve. Here's a direct link to it from the current John Tefteller auction (minimum bid $500.00!!!): http://tefteller.com/html/current_auction/07_15_10_auction/pix/P6178015.jpg

(yes, Recordfan probably has that too...)

In case you've never heard it (and you would like to), I posted it to YouTube earlier this morning...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSqrvxYrzg

Fred Clemens

I have had this disastrous cover for years. The record was near mint. How the cover got like this is beyond me, but... I could have had a near mint one for $100 a few years ago, but decided I could live with this one and save a bill. I might have thought differently if it weren't just a plain title sleeve.

wash wind.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.81 KB
 Viewed:  120 Time(s)

wash wind.jpg

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2014 - 09:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

that is a great sleeve in any condition