The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
B_big.Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Lucky me  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2010 - 04:34 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

savagebeat wrote:
That's cool B big! It took me many many years to finally find one of those at reasonable price. Did you get yours when it came out?

By the way, I like your site, very cool.
( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool
    Savagebeat,

thanks for your recognition of my site, this is what keeps me goin' with my project.

I bought the 'Damned Damned Damned' misprint at the time of the original release, at the end of 1977 as an import from Great Britain. I would like to say, that I was lucky with this deal!

The golden recording of the 'Sex Pistols'' Lp is simply gorgeous (especially the added golden cassette), congrats!

the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Reply with quote Back to top
savagebeat
Post subject: Re: RE: Lucky me  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2010 - 03:26 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Quote:
The golden recording of the 'Sex Pistols'' Lp is simply gorgeous (especially the added golden cassette), congrats!

Actually it's a platinum award (silver color), it just looks gold due to the low lighting in my cave.

steffiestonesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Lucky me  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2010 - 03:32 AM
Level 4
Level 4

savagebeat wrote:
Quote:

Actually it's a platinum award (silver color), it just looks gold due to the low lighting in my cave.

This is a nice award but not original from the seventies. This kind of RIAA awards are produced between 1985 - 1989. RIAA awards from the seventies (floater style) are produced between 1975 - 1981 and has a wooden frame. The wooden frame came usually painted gold (for Gold Awards) or silver (for Platinum Awards). The record and the album cover seemed to be "floating" between the background and the glass. The plaque came in gold (for Gold Awards) or silver (for Platinum Awards).
On any RIAA award must be a sticker on the back. The Awards are done by a licensed RIAA frame maker. Most, but not all frame makers put a sticker with their name and address on the back of the Award. Such a sticker on the back of an award is an additional indication for the authenticity of an Award.

Anyway , a nice pistols award!

savagebeat
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Lucky me  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2010 - 04:53 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thanks for the info Steffiestone. Looking at the RIAA's site I see that Nevermind The Bullocks went platinum in 1992, so that makes sense. It is a legit RIAA award, but like you said, not from the seventies as it took a long time for that record to go platinum. As you can see, it's for the sales of "album, cassette and CD". It is stickered on the back with the name of "Fitzgerald Hartley Marketing" here in the So Cal, now owned by Milestone Awards. They are still the official RIAA award licensee. Around 86/87 a UK gold record presented to Sid Vicious was making the rounds here in LA. The UK awards, being that the country is much smaller than the US, has different sales ammounts that qualify records for gold, platinum, etc. I never actually saw it. An aquaintance of mine was inquiring if I would be interested, if I recall it was in the 200 - 400 dollar range. I never heard anything back. I think I heard rumour that a certain indie self described 'record mogul' may have bought it, though I'm running on my foggy memory. I'm curious as to what the orgins of that award were. I should mention that these were aquaintances that were still doing dope, I'll refrain from mentioning any x-pistols and their drug probs at the time who were also living in LA.

B_big.Offline
23 Post subject: I was blissfully ignorant  PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 - 01:56 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool
    I was surprised about the value of:

'Lost In Action' (7" E.P. / 33.1/3 rpm) - Private School (Full Friction Records - 3507, 1979)

A Canadian early punk recording, independently released by the band itself.

While editing the scans of the extraordinary cover pictures for my site, I checked the sales on 'Popsike' and discovered, that it has been sold for more than $ 200.00 several times. I wasn't aware of the monetary value, 'cause I bought it as an import in 1979 for the average price of these days.

B_big.Offline
27 Post subject: 1979 - Canadian Punk Rarity  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2010 - 03:45 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool

Dr.DarkOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2010 - 06:24 AM
Level 5
Level 5

Re Steffiestone's Swiss Clash tour Poster:
Support group "Nasale Boys" were actually called Nasal Boys. Their 7" Hot Love/Die Wüste lebt (periphery perfume ZVpp-0177) is supposed to be the first punk record from the European continent.

Destructive13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2012 - 02:47 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a my most collectible punk rarity.
X adult books signed by John Doe and Exene to Darby Crash of the germs!

CliveOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lucky me  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2012 - 06:38 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

savagebeat wrote:
Thanks for the info Steffiestone. Looking at the RIAA's site I see that Nevermind The Bullocks went platinum in 1992, so that makes sense. It is a legit RIAA award, but like you said, not from the seventies as it took a long time for that record to go platinum. As you can see, it's for the sales of "album, cassette and CD". It is stickered on the back with the name of "Fitzgerald Hartley Marketing" here in the So Cal, now owned by Milestone Awards. They are still the official RIAA award licensee. Around 86/87 a UK gold record presented to Sid Vicious was making the rounds here in LA. The UK awards, being that the country is much smaller than the US, has different sales ammounts that qualify records for gold, platinum, etc. I never actually saw it. An aquaintance of mine was inquiring if I would be interested, if I recall it was in the 200 - 400 dollar range. I never heard anything back. I think I heard rumour that a certain indie self described 'record mogul' may have bought it, though I'm running on my foggy memory. I'm curious as to what the orgins of that award were. I should mention that these were aquaintances that were still doing dope, I'll refrain from mentioning any x-pistols and their drug probs at the time who were also living in LA.

There is a Stray Cats gold record award for Slim Jim Phantom at some record store out on Long Island that I've seen many times. Since the band was from LI, I suspect it is legit—but only to a point, as it was given to the bandmembers by their label and is not an official RIAA award. So while I've occasionally been tempted to get it, the $200-250 they want for it is too much.
But the Rotten award you have? Wow!

Rafter242Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lucky me  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2012 - 09:51 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I have a couple of good Big Black items...

The original press of Bulldozer in the steel/acid etched cover.
http://www.discogs.com/Big-Black-Bulldozer/release/1751462

I also have the original press of Headache in the bodybag.
Sealed and autographed. Bought it after a show in Chicago in the late 80's.
http://www.discogs.com/Big-Black-Headache-Heartbeat-Body-Bag/release/371402

Jump to: