The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: Blues duo at Tallahassee, Florida  PostPosted: Apr 22, 2010 - 12:26 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I recently did a show at Tallahassee and while manning my booth could hear some good sounding blues from a stage a few blocks away. What really caught my ear was some wickedly good what-I-though-to-be violin jamming with the lead singer. I quickly told my wife that I wanted to check it out and ran down the street. Yep, I was right. There he was with hot fiddle in hand really gettin' with it.

Since I was on the clock I only had time to hear a few tunes up close. When i had to leave I asked some guy working sound if he knew who these guys were and all I got was "Big Daddy". So I googled that along with blues violin and found my man.

Mark Russell is the violinist and HERE IS HIS WEBSITE. Seems he was born in Australia and has lived all over the world. Also appears he is doing gigs in the USA south east.

I'm really glad I got to hear and see some good music for a change. It doesn't happen all that often at an outdoor arts and crafts festival that isn't tied to a music festival.

He's definitely worth hearing and there are some clips on Youtube. He's also got solo CD's and then some with "Big Daddy".

WOOHOO, Mark Russell!

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: